Your Most Favorite Car from Olds....

Wow, there are so many. Excluding the Cutlass I already owned (and wish I could have back), if I could magically go back in time and pick out my "new" Oldsmobiles...

classic:

1977 Delta 88 Indy pace car replica with the full graphics package, and pretty much every option except the reverse (front half) vinyl half top.

modern:

1991 Toronado 1SB in med. Antelope glam metallic with red cloth bench seat, and power sunroof and whitewalls (and the '92 spec wire wheel covers)

If that's actually a little modern to be considered "classic", and a little old to be considered "modern"...

1972 Cutlass Supreme hardtop sedan in Nordic Blue with super stock wheels, and every power option.

AND

1999 Eighty Eight 50th Anniversary package in white with graphite leather and sunroof (and the LSS five-spoke wheels swapped in place of the standard wheels)<-- I had been looking for a used 88 50th Ann package to replace my Cutlass for years, but the only one I ever found (gold) was sold before I had a chance to go look at it.

No particular order:

'66 Toro

'64 Jetstar 1

'68 H/O

'69 H/O

'62 Starfire

'58 Holiday J-2

Even moreso I like the

'53 Starfire

'54 Cutlass

'55 Delta

'56 Golden Rocket

Anyone know where the later 3 are today ????

the '54 Cutlass is supposed to be in Jersey...go get it Edited by mightymouse

• 1 month later...

My ideal Olds collection:

'49 Eighty Eight - the original "Rocket" V8, and the ONLY car to have in stock car racing for several years

'53 Ninety Eight Fiesta - a Motorama show car for your home garage

'57 Golden Rocket Eighty Eight Holiday - the fiftieth anniversary edition, in stunning hardtop form

'62 F-85 Jetfire - first turbocharged car in America (and possibly ever? Gotta check my history books...)

'62 Starfire - first of its kind, and one of the last reasonably sporty big cars (like a plusher Grand Prix)

'66 Toronado - first mass-production front-drive car in America, and an unlikely winner of the Pikes Peak Hill Climb

'70 4-4-2 W30 - high water mark for Oldsmobile muscle, featuring the ever-mighty Rocket 455 with Ram Air

'71 Custom Cruiser - perhaps the classic American station wagon - and you gotta have the woodgrain option

'73 Cutlass Supreme - still one of the most stunning shapes ever created, and the only really good year for this style

'75 Starfire - nothing to do with anything else, but you gotta have a small car in the garage ( :) )

'77 Delta 88 Holiday - that'd be the special-edition coupe model, a very attractive big-car package

'82 Cutlass Supreme - it's gotta be a coupe, gotta be a 307 V8, and gotta be black with rally wheels for maximum effect

'88 Cutlass Ciera International Series - coupe, with 3.8 V6 power and FE3 suspension - a very sporty package in its day

'90 Cutlass Calais 4-4-2 - an unholy terror in SCCA racing for several years

'92 Custom Cruiser - in lieu of having a real, honest-to-God Ninety Eight on this platform, which is what should have happened

'93 Achieva SCX - successor to the Calais 4-4-2, but in an even better body style

'94 Cutlass Supreme - the convertible, of course, with standard 3400 Twin Dual Cam power

'95 Aurora - what all future Oldsmobiles should have been patterned after

'99 Alero GLS - for nothing other than being far prettier than its Grand Am sister, and awfully quick to boot

'99 Eighty Eight LSS - the final edition of a classic nameplate, with 3800 SC performance to match

'00 Intrigue GLS - featuring the 3.5 DOHC V6, an engine killed off well before its time

'03 Aurora V8 - the last real Oldsmobile - for now, one hopes

Any questions? :D

Edited by Duncan

• 1 month later...