Shouldn't there be pics somewhere, or are there still more press days to come? It looks like a combination of the Charger and Caliber to me so far. Not bad but we need more views/pics.

EDIT: Oh, I guess there's another press day still (March 1).

Edited by Northstar

Guest YellowJacket894

Damn! This is definitly one of the best Chrysler Group designs as of late. It looks 100 per cent better than the Charger. I want one.

Can't believe that it may be replacing the dowdy old Stratus. It definitly deserves the name Avenger, whatever it is.

Camry is dowdy.

Stratus is a fine looking automobile.

Current Dodge designs are all too truck-like.

Is it on a new or an old platform?

If I'm not mistaken, it's the Gallant platform as with the next Sebring

I could be wrong though...

Edited by Decka

The rear end is very nice, and so's the front end, but only when compared to Charger and Caliber's-the ideal Dodge front end will always be a Viper-based one for cars; 2002-05 Ram for trucks.

so wait... your telling me GM gets in trouble for badge engineering... even tho sumtimes its done not that bad (not to say they havent done blatant badge changes... but some arent as bad as most make it seem)... yet DCX... is allowed to just rename the same car 4 times and its okay? 300C, Charger, Magnum, and now this... its getting to be ridiculous... i guess the magnum has some uniqueness because of the wagon thing... but the 300C, Charger and this... same car... same exact car... i hate the media...

well i wasnt talking about the sebring... i was talking about the avenger... and to be honest... the 300 and Charger... arent that different... sure the charger was dressed up to look angrier... and doesnt have the mesh grill but the crosshair... but you cant tell me they arent close to each other in appearance... and the magnum... if you chopped the roof of the magnum to make it look like a sedan roof... itd look almost exactly like a 300 with a crosshair grill... it really is all the same when you look at them side by side

well i wasnt talking about the sebring... i was talking about the avenger... and to be honest... the 300 and Charger... arent that different... sure the charger was dressed up to look angrier... and doesnt have the mesh grill but the crosshair... but you cant tell me they arent close to each other in appearance... and the magnum... if you chopped the roof of the magnum to make it look like a sedan roof... itd look almost exactly like a 300 with a crosshair grill... it really is all the same when you look at them side by side

The Avenger is on the Galant / Sebring platform.

First off, the Avenger is the sibling to the Sebring, it doesn't use the LX platform. Second, I think DCX did a fine job at seperating the LX cars. The 300 and 300 wagon aren't sold in teh states, giving dodge the wagon as the Magum, with it's own front end, so it's totally unique in this market, and the only thing the Charger has in common with them (besides the interior) is the windshield. You can tell they're related, but not the same. Plus each has it's own driving characteristic. That's certainly better than slapping a Pontiac grill on an Equinox and calling it a Torrent.

Edited by Dodgefan

:alcoholic:

Wow... I seem to be in the minority on this but I think what I see so far is neither sexy or unique. Actaully this could be an European Caliber for all I know.

Wow... I seem to be in the minority on this but I think what I see so far is neither sexy or unique. Actaully this could be an European Caliber for all I know.

The American Caliber and the Euopean Caliber are the same, at least exterior wise.

btw can someone tell me how make the quote show who it's from please?

I thought it was to be built on the new Lancer platform, all stretched and such?

I thnk it is, both TCC and Edmunds say the Avenger/Sebring will be built on a stretched version of the all new Lancer platform. Wonder why they didn't build it off the Project America platform? Maybe the Lancer's is better overall, who knows.

I thnk it is, both TCC and Edmunds say the Avenger/Sebring will be built on a stretched version of the all new Lancer platform. Wonder why they didn't build it off the Project America platform? Maybe the Lancer's is better overall, who knows.

From Allpar:

Updated 3-6-2006.

The next generation Stratus and Sebring, expected in June 2006, will be based on the Mitsubishi Galant platform, but Chrysler is the "engineering lead." Mitsubishi had already been working on the next-generation Galant/Eclipse (Montero Sport outside the US) for some time. The resulting sedan would use Chrysler V6 and joint-venture four cylinder engines, with the 2.4 liter four-cylinder all but certain, the 2.7 liter V6 confirmed, and the 3.3 or 3.5 possible.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/avenger.html

Allpar knows! :ph34r: