Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Chrysler 200C patent drawings leaking out?

Chrysler 200C patent drawings leaking out?

by Zach Bowman (RSS feed) on Aug 2nd 2010 at 9:29AM

We may have gotten our first glimpse at what the production version of the Chrysler 200C will look like. Website Noticas Automotivas is reporting that it has managed to get its hands on a slew of patent drawings of the car, and from what we can tell, the new, smaller four-door has stuck fairly close to the concept we first saw at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show. That includes the car's stylish curled front fenders and bulging rear sheetmetal. It looks like the 200C will also wear similar shaped headlights, though whether they turn out to be as sharp looking as the LED/projection units on the concept remains to be seen.

We haven't heard a whole heck of a lot about the 200C since the car cropped up in the Motor City. With the Sebring finally on its way out for good, we knew that Chrysler had to be hard at work on a replacement – and if these patent drawings are any indication, the new model may just be the 200C. If Chrysler can manage to infuse the car with same attention to detail that we've seen in the new Jeep Grand Cherokee and shove the new Pentastar V6 under the hood, it could be a force to be reckoned with. Head over to Noticas Automotivas to check out all of the patent shots.

link:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/02/chrysler-200c-patent-drawings-leaking-out/

If these are indeed patent photos for the Sebring replacement, and not just drawings of the concept, then I am thoroughly excited!

I colored them. :P

chrysler-200c-stock-1280_0038.jpg

Seriously though, these look like the patent drawings for the concept. I see no differences,, not even the side mirrors. As much I as I would love for these to be drawings to the production car, I doubt they are. Sergio himself said that they weren't going to build it, IIRC.

A real shame, as Chrysler needs something that looks this good to help its image.

The drawings have RWD proportions. I am afraid these are not of the production car... sadly.