Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Spy Shots: 2011 Dodge Charger Interior.

Spy Shots: 2011 Dodge Charger Interior.

By Mike Magrath | August 2, 2010

Last time we saw the interior of the upcoming 2011 Dodge Charger, we had a view of a navigation-equipped model shot from the passenger side. Today, however, we get a look at the driver's view of the 2011 Charger. Steering wheel buttons look to be fully moved from the blind back-of-wheel controls Dodge is using now to a more sensible, visible approach. The 140 mph speedometer is bring and clear, there's push-button start and remote trunk and though there's no nav, there's a large-enough screen to make iPod use tolerable.

But what's that in the center console? That's not the PRND/M we're used to from Dodge. The vehicle is still an automatic, but that shifter is a gigantic step up and is awfully similar to one you'd see in an automatic-equipped BMW with a floating metal shroud a-la automatic Porsches.

Unfortunately, this is most likely not the 8-speed automatic, which Chrysler says they will begin production of in 2013. *Eagle-eyed readers have pointed out two important facts here: 1) Chrysler will be importing the transmission before building it themselves. 2) The reader pictured top-right is a ZF unit meaning that this is a ZF built 8-speed automatic and not the five-speed auto with its gated shifter. Mea Culpa.*

This new shot sheds even more light on what's looking to be a serious step up from Dodge for its '11 Charger in terms of materials, design and engineering.

link:

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2010/08/spy-shots-2011-dodge-charger-interior.html

It is and 8-speed automatic equipped prototype.

Interior looks nice. Plastics look low sheen and looks well fitted together, especially for a prototype. I like the design a lot better than the current Charger, but I still prefer the swoopy design pf the Intrepid (yes I'm bias, but still).

It's worth noting that the center stack controls are new, not the stuff Chrysler's been using for the last few years, especially the radio display. As we recall, the other interior spyshots showed a large Nav screen with no buttons. That must be the new 8" unit which I'm betting is touch screen.

Steering wheel looks a lot better now.

Dig the big red button. :P

It's pretty nice. I like the dashtop cup holder and the extra large screen (for NAV or DVD?) on top of the dash.

That looks very appealing, and fitting for the vehicle. My only qualm is that weird silver 'bar' beneath that screen, which I guess if there to fill some of the gap that a full Nav screen would occupy. Looks a little strange, and cheap. I'm sure ChryCo could make it look a little more flush or something.

2011 DODGE CHARGER

By Drew Johnson

With its official reveal now just a few months away, our spy photographers have spotted the all-new Dodge Charger with much less camouflage. As an added bonus, our spies were also able to grab a few shots of the Charger’s new interior.

The photos reveal an evolutionary, not revolutionary, approach, but we can definitely see where Dodge has made its flagship sedan more aggressive than before. The headlamps are crisply detailed and we like the look of the large diameter wheels and tires.

Curiously, the Charger still has its ram head logo, not the double stripe that the division says it will begin using in the future to differentiate itself from the newly-separated Ram trucks division.

Expected to hit the market later this year as a 2011 model, the redesigned Dodge Charger was previewed recently during Chrysler’s five-year product plan announcement. Based on the teaser image released by the automaker and information we’ve gleaned from insiders, our artist put together two exclusive illustrations of the car – which seem to be backed up by the spy photos shot earlier today.

With a sweeping character line reminiscent of the 1999 Dodge Charger Concept, the car is expected to combine qualities of the present retro model with the more modern show car that preceded it.

Dodge brand chief Ralph Gilles said the car will feature a “class-leading” interior to match the dramatic new exterior, and our spy shots seem to back Gilles’ statement — although the Charger’s interior isn’t quite as dramatic as its exterior styling. The car will come standard with Chrysler’s new Pentastar V6, while the more powerful R/T will come with the current 5.7-liter V8. The SRT8, which hardly takes fuel efficiency concerns into account, is expected to be powered by an enlarged 6.4-liter V8 that should boast at least 450 horsepower.

It remains unknown if the 2011 Charger will launch with the current car’s five-speed transmission, but our latest shots seem to indicate a new eight-speed unit will be available from launch. Look closely and you’ll see a diagnostics screen that says “ZF Engineering”, indicating this prototype is equipped with ZF’s new eight-speed gearbox.

Currently, the automaker’s Brampton, Ontario, assembly plant is set to begin production in October 2010 – but given Chrysler’s current situation, don’t be surprised to see that date be pushed back a few months.

Pricing has not been released, but we expect the base MSRP to remain just over $25,000.

link:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/dodge-charger-2011.html

Shifting stick is way too meaty. Steering wheel is too classy. Gauges are too giant and readable. Dash binnacle is overly cool and retro-modern. To whom shall I voice my concerns?:angry:

new engine and 8 speed auto will do more for this car than anything else......

dodge-charger-82-1_620.jpg

mainlivfinal.jpg

still has some grand am undertones to me, unintentional..... sure. but look this GA even has the 2 Dodge stripes it wants to pass down.......

lop off a little front OH and put it on the rear, blunt the nose a bit.....the window kink in back is similar........

3646087872_076ff0cabf.jpg

front end looks like it could take on the mitsubishi lancer grille nicely with the shape of those headlights the way they are...

Edited by regfootball
  • Downvote 2