Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Jaguar to unveil wagon, roadster

2 posts in this topic

Jaguar to unveil wagon, roadster

Owner also considering entry-level model

BY SIDDHARTH PHILIP

BLOOMBERG NEWS

Jaguar, the luxury-car brand owned by Indian truckmaker Tata Motors, plans to unveil new models including a station wagon and a roadster as the global economic rebound boosts demand.

Jaguar is also considering an entry-level model, Tata Group Chairman Ratan Tata said in the company's annual report for the year ended in March 2010, which was posted on its Web site. He didn't elaborate.

The operations of Jaguar Land Rover, which Tata bought in 2008 from Ford, have been profitable over the last two quarters after the U.K.-based luxury unit slashed costs, he said.

Carl-Peter Forster, who was appointed as Tata's CEO in February, plans to start manufacturing in China as part of a push to expand Jaguar sales in emerging markets.

"The outlook for Tata Motors appears to be robust," Ratan Tata said in the report. "The automotive demand in Asia remains strong and the market in Europe, U.K., and the U.S. has improved."

Mumbai-based Tata Motors returned to full-year net income in the year ended in March after the luxury unit had a pretax profit and sales gained amid economic growth in India.

link:

http://www.freep.com/article/20100803/BUSINESS01/8030333/1210/BUSINESS01/Jaguar-to-unveil-wagon-roadster

Carguy    20

I am not a fan of the new Jaguar styling direction or the Indian ownership but I still hope the best for them. With a worthy E type replacement and a smaller RWD sedan model and hopefully a new I6 they should do fine.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this