Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

2011 Nissan Quest unveiled in Japan as Elgrand

14 posts in this topic

2011 Nissan Quest unveiled in Japan as Elgrand

by Zach Bowman (RSS feed) on Aug 4th 2010 at 2:00PM

Nissan is set to release the next-generation Quest minivan in the States later this year, but we may have gotten an early peek at the people mover thanks to Japanese unveil. Nissan pulled the sheets off of its JDM-only Elgrand – the corporate cousin to the Quest – and the van looks suspiciously similar to the teaser shots of the U.S. version we've seen so far. If the information on the Elgrand is any indication, buyers can look forward to getting their minivan with either a 3.5-liter V6 or a 2.5-liter four-cylinder, with all-wheel drive available on select models and both seven and eight passenger configurations.

That's not to say the two vehicles will be identical. For one thing, it appears that the American version of the van will wear slightly tweaked front and rear fascias compared to what we can see on the Elgrand. Likewise, we expect significant changes to the interior for the American market when the 2011 Quest debuts at the LA Auto Show in November.

link:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/04/2011-nissan-quest-unveiled-in-japan-as-elgrand/

http://nismostuff.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-2011-nissan-quest-revealed.html

67impss    89

Hideous face, tiny clear tail lights with massive red reflector? Same old same old power plants. Clean up the front & rear & it will be a nice trim looking van, sad thing is it'll still sell well here with the import humper's no matter how bad it looks.

FAPTurbo    1,090

Weird front end, but I like the side profile, and the rear. It's different, like it's predecessor, but in a good way this time.

FAPTurbo    1,090

What's with the center console, though? Are those audio controls at the lower left of the gearshift? Seems like an awkward place for them.

67impss    89

What's with the center console, though? Are those audio controls at the lower left of the gearshift? Seems like an awkward place for them.

Yeah heaven forbid they free up some center stack real estate with a column shifter :rolleyes:

Viper, thanx for the teaser pix I hadn't seen them what a huge difference that makes from a dog to not half bad :scratchchin: . With those changes I'll go out on a limb with Old's and say they've got a winner. Guess they put more thought into the JDM vs NAM than I would have thought. Does the Renault Prez have that much pull on such matters or is that kind of thing up to Nissan wholly?