Sign in to follow this  
Sixty8panther

American LeMans Series Race Car

16 posts in this topic

Drawing tutorial, Sixty8 style. I don;t always draw in this fashion but it gives you an idea about my process. Enjoy. :)

Posted Image

& the final drawing:

Posted Image

Criticism please, Constructive or otherwise? :mellow:

I like how you incorporated all the steps of the drawing..

Only criticism is the headlights, which would be shapier if it were a Nissan...

I like how you incorporated all the steps of the drawing..

Thanks buddy. :)

Only criticism is the headlights, which would be shapier if it were a Nissan...

I say :censored: convention and predictability. Nissan & even more so Infiniti has been doing interesting and unique headlights as of late and I am 100% for it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

How about that shaker hood scoop on the Skyline concept? Hope they don't beat Pontiac to the punch with the next Musclecar.

Psht. You'll never EVER call the Skyline a muscle car.

haha couldnt have said it better myself... the only non american car ive ever even thought of calling a musclecar... was the DB9

haha couldnt have said it better myself... the only non american car ive ever even thought of calling a musclecar... was the DB9

Musclecars are affordable by the masses not over-priced European Luxo-coupes. :wink:

Musclecars are affordable by the masses not over-priced European Luxo-coupes. :wink:

i know... thats why i said "thought about calling a musclecar" not "called a musclecar" just when i saw the DB9 the styling just screamed muscle to me... then i saw the price and decided against the musclecar label

i know... thats why i said "thought about calling a musclecar" not "called a musclecar" just when i saw the DB9 the styling just screamed muscle to me... then i saw the price and decided against the musclecar label

We all get bent out of shape over lables... I think "Muscle Car" is much more up for debate than incorrectly labeled cars of today.

- Lincoln has not made a true Town Car since the 1930s.

- VW has NEVER MADE a Phaeton, ever.

- Most of todays "hardtops" are nothing but convertibles with hard roofs.

- The Mercedes CLK is not & will never be a Coupe. Most of todays 2-door "Coupes" really are not either.

well 68... i would probably agree with you... but i only get some of what yur talkin about... like the towncar thing... i get that and i agree that the term musclecar is more debatable recently but how are most recent hardtops more like convertibles with hard roofs? and how are most coupes today not actually coupes? im not arguing with you i just dont understand what your talking about... like... what is your definition of a hardtop and a coupe?

well 68... i would probably agree with you... but i only get some of what yur talkin about... like the towncar thing... i get that and i agree that the term musclecar is more debatable recently but how are most recent hardtops more like convertibles with hard roofs? and how are most coupes today not actually coupes? im not arguing with you i just dont understand what your talking about... like... what is your definition of a hardtop and a coupe?

Real quick just the basics... not formal definitions.

BTW you miht enjoy these threads:

Two Door Hardtop Eyecandy :lovey:

Four Door Hardtops :o:wub:

Towncar: enclosed rear seat/s & passanger compartment while the driver's seat is exposed to the elements.

Posted Image

Posted Image

2 door Hardtop: No fixed B-pillar.... rear glass rolls down with weatherstrip trim inot the rear quarter to give the "Top up/windows down convertible" look.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

4 door Hardtop: Ssame concept as the 2 door except the rear glass I wetherstrip trim piece roll down into the rear doors. Once again... No B-pillar present with windows retracted into the doors.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Coupe: This one Balthazar has a better grip on thatn I do but basically today's coupes are in fact just two-door sedans. Sedan means a formal bodystyle wiht fixed pillars (not hardtop) and the "Closely Coupled" bodystyle or coupe had a much smaller passanger compartment wiht room for 2 or three passangers (including driver) on the inside while a long tail contained a rumble seat.

Because of it's small greenhouse most coupes were neitgher hardtops or sedans.... they only had three windows and a windshield.... some that had very small rear side windows were hence called 5-window coupes" but in either case a Coupe is NOT what it has been bastardised to mean today.

The 2-4th gen. Camaro/Firebird or 3-6th gen Corvette are about as close to a coupe as a modern car gets since they have no rear side windows. But a new Mustang, Stratus 2-door, BMW 3-series or Monte Carlo are not coupes.

I can deal wiht the "Coupe" phrase being used for a 2-door sedan but when Mercedes tries to say their huge 4-door Seadn is a "coupe" it makes my brains boil. That's freeking idiotic. It's like saying the "Flying Squirel" is technically an Astronaut.

Here's a few of REAL coupes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and a 5-window wiht the rumble seat open...

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

ooo alright thanks alot... i feel less ignorant on the subject now haha

ooo alright thanks alot... i feel less ignorant on the subject now haha

You live and learn... :)

I'm only one of a select few A.R. members on this site

that are bothered by the modern adaptations of these words.

I also don't but the "English eveloves" argument. These were at one

point very specific definitions that have become convoluted and

muddy over time....

Green is still green and up is still 180* of

down so why not keep these definitions sacred? Their constant

bastardization is what breeds confusion. Most people today think a

hardtop is a removable aluminum/fiberglass roof panel for a

convertible... *sigh* As an enthusiast I try to spread the word about

these true definitions.

BTW: Here are a few examples of a Dual Cowl Phaeton.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this