Car Spotting

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds cool, moltie. I've always liked bare roofs better. They're certainly longer lasting, and they don't hold moisture, which causes rust.

We just got a yellow Cobalt SS/SC. Yeah yeah, I know... but this one has the Performance Package (limited slip diff and cool Recaro seats). So... all evening I daydreamed about one for myself, equipped like this: Laser Blue/all black interior... with Performance Package as the only option, and a wing-ectomy (I searched the net for a nice, flush-fitting spoiler like I saw last summer on another SS/SC).

Revenge of the 70s and 80s shoeboxes yesterday:

1978 Pontiac LeMans

1980 Chevy Malibu coupe with bright yellow paint

1982 Ford LTD

1983 Chevy Caprice Classic

Plus:

Big 'ol 1967 Buick LeSabre that looked like something out of a post-apocolyptic urban assault movie...rust had touched every inch of sheet metal and it was rolling on some big beefy tires with no wheel covers

Sightings last week in New York:

Maserati Quattroporte

A decent showing of Ferraris

Bently Continental GT

Thousands of black Town Cars

1961 Lincoln Continental convertible in great shape

Aston Martin DB9

Quite a decent showing of new Fords; Five Hundreds, Milans, Montegos, and Freestyles were around more than I expected

Decent showing of G6s

Cadillac DTS

1955 Chevy Bel-Air

1967 Dodge Dart

Little MG roadster car

I was pleasantly surprised by a Caliber R/T I saw today, in orange, so I went to the dealership. The salesguy said they have had 2 so far, and they went out as soon as they hit the lot. I picked up a brochure and he took my email address for when they get more in. I am anxious to see SRT-4 pricing.

I feel that Dodge has come up with another winner here, when it is judged against its competition... Matrix, Vibe, 3 hatch, PT Cruiser and HHR.

Edited by ocnblu

2006 black GTO still in the wrapping. Fresh off the truck at the local Pontiac/Buick/GMC dealership. 6 speed and suhweet!

White Caliber SXT in the Target (say it like the French) parking lot. Chunky, tough little bomb.

Good God, I saw a lot of Explorers today (new and old). About 15 give or take. Seven of them were new ones and four of those were seen within a thirty second span. Freaky. :blink:

Two other sightings; both pretty rare vehicles:

-Land Rover Defender

-Maserati Coupe (that thing has a sexy exhaust note :thumbsup: )

Ohkay, where do I start. A bevy of 07 Tahoes, two Solstices, couple of C6 Vettes, '69 Camaro RS/SS restored to BEAUTIFUL condition, 2006 Chevy 3500 crew cab duallie with the Duramax pulling a 04 Dodge 3500 with a Cummins that had apparently broken... An assload of Hyundai Sonatas (guess you'd see a lot of them if you're in the town where they BUILD them). A few high end Porshes and Mercedes Benzes, that's about it.

I saw a goregous two-tone '56 Chrysler New Yorker 2dr ht last night sitting in an office parking garage... yellow w/ white roof. Quite a pleasant surprise to see a 50 year old car in pristine condition in a real world setting instead of at a car show or museum.

Saw a Lexus that the driver decided to see how well he could drive on the roof with.....(oh yeah, this was after he played bumper cars with a 1980 Peterbuilt), umm....more 07 Tahoes, first 06 Impala 9C1, the same red Solstice that's been around a few times with the same MILF driving it, and my neighbors '83 K5 Blazer looks like it ran into a fight with a bulldozer and won....

Yesterday I saw a Saturn Sky on the road. It was Red. That i am affriad is way better than the Solstice IMO. I held up traffic though going down 11 mile following this car. The Chorme on the front makes it look so High class. If i gave it a price i would say you could put a $31,000 price tag on it.

My first Sky on the road, just up the street from the local dealership. So I hightailed it to the lot to see if thay had any more. The salesdude said no, and that the red one with black top and chrome wheels (HOT!) didn't come from his store. We got to talking about the car and he gave me a brochure and a price list... maxed out, a Sky costs just under $28k. He says they will not have any Skies for inventory... the '07 model year is sold out through September. He says they've never had a Saturn generate this much interest and sell out so early. I also noticed that Saturns are now available in Laser Blue (ION and VUE). The new VUE looks great in uplevel trim in Laser Blue.

I also saw a '76 Eldorado convertible, white, and a white Solstice. Sweetness.

Edited by ocnblu