Cars that should have been imported

Posted Image

Looks very nice in silver. If it was imported and at a good used price, I might have got this instead to replace my Cavalier.

Posted Image

Welcome change from the Euro cars (read: Bangled) out there right now.

Off to think of some more...

I've heard that that Alfa may come here.

My vote: Holden Ute/HSV Maloo.

How it should look? see my sig 8)

I really didn't recognize that as a 3-series at first. I almost thought maybe it was a previous-generation 1-series that I didn't know about...

Headlight treatment on the hatch sure is interesting.

Well it did evolve into the 1-series. But in constrast the 1-series is ugly.

My choice would be the Nissan Skyline GT-R R32, R33, R34...it's a shame it was never officially imported to the US.

As far as current cars, there are several models from the Alfa range I'd love to see here--the sedans, the Brera coupe and new Spyder, the GT coupe.. the Opel Astra and Vectra, the TVRs...maybe some Peugeots...

Holden Commodore and Ute, the Astra, and the Monaro should have came over right away.

2nd that! :yes:

As for non GM vehicles, I'd say the Ford Falcon and european Focus

Edited by Decka

Speedster's gone and being replaced by Opel GT. And we have that already, minus the powertrain setup.

Doesn't mean it shouldn't have been imported right along. I love the speedster, in some ways more than the Sky. Can you imagine a 2.0L turbo in the 2000lb Speedster?

Yeah, I've looked into 318tiis before. I love the "M3tii" one in Europen Car a few years back.

I think the Skyline is the most obvious car that NEEDS to eb borught over here... it should have been here in the mid-90s if not earlier.

Yeah, I've looked into 318tiis before. I love the "M3tii" one in Europen Car a few years back.

I think the Skyline is the most obvious car that NEEDS to eb borught over here... it should have been here in the mid-90s if not earlier.

I got to ride in an R32 Skyline GT-R last year...fun car. A bit wierd seeing the driver on the right side on US roads... I'd love to drive one.

I highly doubt they'd go through all the trouble of readying the Mexico plant for an entirely different, limited-production and limited-appeal vehicle.

Even the GTI isn't made in Mexico along with the Jettas and regular Golfs.

Edited by empowah

No.

I'm not hoaxing here man. :lol2:

No, no, I know. It just seems fitting since Jaguar is becoming increasingly downmarket, particularly with their Mondeo-based X-type. I was trying to joke that perhaps we'll see a Focus-based Z-type hatchback... with cloth upholstery, FWD, no wood trim, wheel covers, black molding, and 4-cylinder engine, of course.

What's really weird is how some UK X-types have optional power rear windows.

Posted Image

Edited by empowah

I highly doubt they'd go through all the trouble of readying the Mexico plant for an entirely different, limited-production and limited-appeal vehicle.

Even the GTI isn't made in Mexico along with the Jettas and regular Golfs.

Volkswagen doesn't make any Golfs in Mexico anymore.

No, no, I know. It just seems fitting since Jaguar is becoming increasingly downmarket, particularly with their Mondeo-based X-type. I was trying to joke that perhaps we'll see a Focus-based Z-type hatchback... with cloth upholstery, FWD, no wood trim, wheel covers, black molding, and 4-cylinder engine, of course.

What's really weird is how some UK X-types have optional power rear windows.

That is just too wierd...manual windows in 2006. Strange, strange, strange. There is a Focus-based hatchback coming, not for Jag, but for Volvo...(S30).

That is just too wierd...manual windows in 2006.  Strange, strange, strange.    There is a Focus-based hatchback coming, not for Jag, but for Volvo...(S30).

Not really. Cobalts come standard with cranks. Optras have power front windows as well. Problem is that's a Jag.

And in fact in performance cars, power stuff should be made optional. They add weight.

Edited by ToniCipriani

Not really. Cobalts come standard with cranks.  Optras have power front windows as well. Problem is that's a Jag.

And in fact in performace cars, power stuff should be made optional. They add weight.

Yes, I guess it's because it's a Jag that it seems shocking. It's been a long time since I've been in a late model car without power windows, though...most recent I can remember was a Cavalier rental about 4 years ago...