Sign in to follow this  
Camaroman22

Chevy SSR chop

21 posts in this topic

oh wow that paintjob looks awesome on that... i like that alot

Nice.... where's the original? I'm liking the headlights... were you going for the 1953 Corvette's mesh-cover look?

mjdecker    0

I'm liking the update a lot.. especially the SS grill. I think what would look even better is remove the crossbar and swap in the revised ss concept's grill or the sema hhr's grill

Camaroman22    0

I'm liking the update a lot.. especially the SS grill. I think what would look even better is remove the crossbar and swap in the revised ss concept's grill or the sema hhr's grill

a grille like this?:

Posted Image

that was one of my entries for the camaro contest (monthly) over at gmi back in november.

the hhr idea sounds interesting, but i'll have to find a pic at the right angle.

if i like either of the new grilles on my ssr i'll post em, so far i'm likin the no-crossbar ss-grille.

wow i really like the first update one... altho i dont know so much about the second one without the crossbar... it sorta loses the whole ssr look... i dunno it just look a little weird... still nice tho... that hhr grill idea might look cool... cant wairt to see it if you find a useable picture... and i still really like that paint job... it looks so good on the car

mjdecker    0

a grille like this?:

Posted Image

More like this is what I was thinking:

Posted Image

compared to this:

Posted Image

Notice the change in the grill, the only problem with that is, I'm finding it nearly impossible to find any image with the revised grille of the ss concept so maybe the sema hhr is a close substitute.

Posted Image

Camaroman22    0

and i still really like that paint job... it looks so good on the car

yeah, i like the 2-tone, did you notice the "airbrushed" pattern as well? i tried to make it as transparent as possible while remaining the visibility.

Camaroman22    0

More like this is what I was thinking:

Posted Image

compared to this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

i ddin't know chevy revised the SS's grille, it looks good. what show did they have it at? i think that hhr pic might work, if i can scale and color it properly, thanks :) .

-camaroman22

yeah, i like the 2-tone, did you notice the "airbrushed" pattern as well?  i tried to make it as transparent as possible while remaining the visibility.

yup i noticed it... is that supposed to be like a carbon fiber thing? thats wut it looks like... normally i dont like carbon fiber but it looks far too good on this for me to not like it

Camaroman22    0

yup i noticed it... is that supposed to be like a carbon fiber thing? thats wut it looks like... normally i dont like carbon fiber but it looks far too good on this for me to not like it

the pattern i used to do the graphics was a CF pattern, but i did some distorting to make it look how it does. update in first post.

wow it just keeps getting better... what i have been thinking tho... when you took the retro front end away... it wasnt an ssr anymore... im thinking of it as more of an El Camino now... maybe with a hardtop it would be a nice camino... just a suggestion

mjdecker    0

I'm liking that a lot.. my only other suggestion is to get rid of that cross bar that runs through the headlights and over the grille. Now if that was a single color, I'd say that would make a very good SSR refresh (if it was sticking around after this year :( )

Camaroman22    0

I'm liking that a lot.. my only other suggestion is to get rid of that cross bar that runs through the headlights and over the grille. Now if that was a single color, I'd say that would make a very good SSR refresh (if it was sticking around after this year :( )

i see what you mean, but if i got rid of the chrome bar, it would look like all i did was slap the SS front end on (to the voters at gmi), so i'm gonna keep the bar.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this