GM to sell 20 pct stake in Suzuki Motor for $2.33B

That is a very possible scenario. North American trucks and Korean cars.

I don't like that idea at all. I think the next, circa-2011 Aveo should be based on Opel/Vauxhall Corsa and built in North America-and dump the mediocre Optra, Epica, and Vivant-just export versions of Cobalt, Malibu, and HHR worldwide or something-the new Epica looks worse than the Malibu already is, and the new Aveo sedan is just plain ugly.

I don't like that idea at all. I think the next, circa-2011 Aveo should be based on Opel/Vauxhall Corsa and built in North America-and dump the mediocre Optra, Epica, and Vivant-just export versions of Cobalt, Malibu, and HHR worldwide or something-the new Epica looks worse than the Malibu already is, and the new Aveo sedan is just plain ugly.

You missed the point. In a worst case scenario, if GM declares Chapter 11, you could see in the long run only trucks built in North American, with most car production moved offshore (except for Corvettes and Cadillacs and other expensive models).

I don't think this will happen, and I think GM will somehow manage over the next few years and we'll see a full line of Zetas and Lambdas and Epsilon II's built in NOrth America, but I agreed with regfootball about a worst case scenario.

Not everyone on this planet wants a full sized pickup. Isuzu supply GM with a great mid sized (small for the US) pickup that sells quite well in Australia and New Zealand (Holden badged). Where else would we get this type of product? The problem with GM is that is has been too NA centric (as per your comments) for too long while Toyota and Honda think on a global basis.

If those trucks are so great and Holden can't make more money engineering, designing, manufacturing, marketing and selling it's own small truck then fine. But GM could just as well buy the trucks from Isuzu WITHOUT having to own a piece of the company and tying up capital.

Edited by buyacargetacheck