Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Top Gear video of CTS-V test drive

24 posts in this topic

Eh...you take everything they say with a grain of salt. These are the same guys that badmouthed the C6, saying once "Is this American car good for anything?". They don't like American.

Interesting... I just tried taking off my seatbelt this morning and it doesn't send a chime. And maybe the ignition seatbelt chime is legislated by law in NA? I've yet seen a car here that doesn't do that. And the door chime is because you didn't take the key! Again, all cars do that.

Nonetheless, funny :lol:

Edited by ToniCipriani

I don't even want to see it because all they do is bash every American car. They don’t even realize that every car maker to come out of their country has failed and that they are all owned by another company from another country. Perhaps they should learn how to make car that will make a profit and that somebody wants.

Everything is about price. At $49,000, the CTS-V is a great choice in America. At 49,000 pounds ($90,000), there are probably better options in England. :nono:

You have to look at it in the context of what it competes against in terms of price. We look at CTS-V in the context of maybe a BMW M3, or one of the lower end BMW 5-series cars which go for about $50,000. Jeremy Clarkson is looking at it in the context of the BMW M5.

I wonder why it costs so much to sell over there. GM should look into it, if they want to be a player in Europe they need to charge a reasonable amount of money.

Edited by Shantanu

That is a good point, shantanu.

I don't get to see this show often, have never seen the C6 video, but when I do I am impressed with it. It's a fun format that actually makes watching a car show entertaining. They are really funny..."somebody in America found out there was a thing called an atlas..."It's funny because it's true....

Anyways, he liked the CTS except for the cheap feel, and at $90k dollars, i would be complaining a hell of a lot too, heck I complain at our price level that it feels cheap.

Those Europenas... they're such whinny babies. Don't like the chime? Disconnect it. Too big? I guess compared to the 1.2 litre 5-door little hatchbacks they drive it's a tad big.

Either way this just goes to show waht I've been saying all along. This is one the best four door musclecar values since the late 1960s.

There's a good chance the Q45 will be replaced by a CTS-V a few years from now.

Okay, sometimes I just want to belt this guy in the face.

WHY is he complaining that there are English words written out on the buttons when his native language is ENGLISH... being, that he lives in ENGLAND?!

Okay, I need to leave this post right now before I start saying nasty things about England when they're not a horrible country, I just disagree with a few things.

Agreed... maybe he's a closet Frog :ph34r:

I'm going to come off very full of myself here but that CTS-V burnout in the Drifting video is one of only a few I have ever seen in my life that rivaled my own in the Camaro.

The Panther is legendary for exactly that kind of behavior in that dosage.

Long live the PUSHROD V8! :D

When GM exports the Saturn Sky to sell in Europe as an Opel, I hope they charge something like $25,000 for it. If they price at $45,000, it's going to invite comparisons to Mercedes and Porsche sports cars, and that's not a battle the Saturn Sky can win.

When GM exports the Saturn Sky to sell in Europe as an Opel, I hope they charge something like $25,000 for it.  If they price at $45,000, it's going to invite comparisons to Mercedes and Porsche sports cars, and that's not a battle the Saturn Sky can win.

The Opel GT will cost 29,900 euro, or about $35,590. By contrast, a Z4 2.5 costs 31,400 euro ($37,373), while a SLK200 Kompressor costs 34,452 euro ($41,005).

Eh...you take everything they say with a grain of salt. These are the same guys that badmouthed the C6, saying once "Is this American car good for anything?". They don't like American.

They're pretty brutal, but they don't hate American. They LOVE the Ford GT. They're so funny though, clever Brits. I think they were fair too. They liked the car but thought it felt kinda cheap inside...which is the general complaint about the CTS in general.

Edited by Dodgefan

The Opel GT will cost 29,900 euro, or about $35,590. By contrast, a Z4 2.5 costs 31,400 euro ($37,373), while a SLK200 Kompressor costs 34,452 euro ($41,005).

Are all Opel GTs turbocharged though? That would give it a pretty big power advantage over the other two.

Are all Opel GTs turbocharged though? That would give it a pretty big power advantage over the other two.

Yes, they are. The GT outpowers the Z4 2.5 by 45 horses.

What's impressive about that is the A4 was a quattro.

Nice, the CTS spanked the Audi on the straights and in the curves!

Yes, they are. The GT outpowers the Z4 2.5 by 45 horses.

I think we should compare the weight:

2006 BMW Z4: 2998 lbs.

Saturn Sky: (GT) 2860 lbs.

Not only does it offer a faster engine, it's also lighter then the Z4.

Check for yourself at the Saturn website.

Now, I don't know how much weight the turbo charger and other features add on but I'm assuming that it's not much.

Edited by Cadillacfan

I can't believe they would ever benchmark a car's time on a wet track...

i agree. especially when the raced in against the Audi on dry.

however, other cars have been tested in the wet too

I wish they would have stated whether or not the Monaro (GTO) was tested in the wet as the Cadillac was.

All that matters to me is that the CTS-V spanked that S4 in the dry, sooo, they ought to redo a test of the Cadillac in the dry.

So, it's a bit cheap inside. Oh well, still left you fancy Euros behind, didn't it!?

Saturn Sky: (GT) 2860 lbs.

Not only does it offer a faster engine, it's also lighter then the Z4.

Now, I don't know how much weight the turbo charger and other features add on but I'm assuming that it's not much.

Solstice 2860

Solstice GXP 2976

The ratio is probably the same for the Sky, about 100 lbs more.

I can't believe they would ever benchmark a car's time on a wet track...

They do that with a lot of cars, including my favorite NSX Type R. :censored: Then they just comment "oh it'd do a few seconds faster in the dry", like it's ok?? And the track wasn't just wet, it was freakin raining during the test!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this