Sign in to follow this  
balthazar

Wanted: Car & Parts Magazine

Anyone happen to have Jun 1979 in their collection of stuff? It's not online or ebay at the moment...

At least need info verified, I can find a copy later... Thanx

Hey balthazar,

I noticed you posted this elsewhere, with no replies. I'm sorry I didn't think of it last night, but this morning, on the way to work, I realized I MIGHT be able to assist. So, I'm glad to see you posted this here, too!

Anyway ... a Route 66 friend of mine, Jim H, writes an article for Cars & Parts magazine. Well, for now ... not for long, since the magazine is ending soon.... I'll check with him to see if he may have access to older magazines or if he knows who might. I can't promise anything, but I'll see what I can do.

Email me ... faithcubsmc2691

@

aol.com

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * Rt 66+northwestUS, 2011?

MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before" ... Ben Folds 5 ... 'Brick'

Edited by knightfan26917

Been sniffing around local libraries,, and craigslist/eBay- these aren't as easy to find as I thought.

What I would really love is an index to the history- Jun 79 indexes everything prior, after that it was annually.

They do a semi-regular feature on junkyards, and I need that list/info for a personal crusade of great personal magnitude.

Let me kno if you find anything- either here or via FB. Thanks Cort!

Arg....forgot about Facebook...LOL!

Anyway, I'm posting what I have received from Jim ... then, if that doesn't help you, send me a note via Facebook and we'll go from there. Sorry for the delay....

Jim's first thought is what you've already tried ... eBay/craigslist.

He also suggested checking out Amos Publishing. He says they had back copies at least in the early 1980s. Jim had contacted an editor there, but I'm not sure if he has received word back yet. Or, if he has, it may not be of any help.

Finally, Jim suggested Auto Books - Aero Books in Burbank CA. They have an extensive collection of magazines dating back to the 1920s....

HTH.

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* Chicagoland Meets, 2011?

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I know there's so much more to life" ... Vonda Shepard ... 'Searchin' My Soul (Ally McBeal)'

Thanks Cort- I'll look into it.

Was at the swap meet today, saw one guy selling recent M/Ts, no luck there.

ALso have a client who works with 'friends of the library'- no luck there, either.

I would never have thought this would be so tough.

I would never have thought this would be so tough.

Me, either! lol

Any luck yet? If not, EM me or send me a note via FB....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I walk alone" ... GreenDay ... 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams'

I met up with a local B-59er (actually has a B-60) and bought about 8 issues from about 2 dozen he had- good deal at $1 ea.

The back issue houses/ publishers seem to usually want $6-9 ea- too rich for my skinflint wallet.

I had another contact in north Jersey, but it will take a trip up there for other purposes (2 hr ride one-way), an I haven't been back up there yet.

I need to do a much better job hunting at the spring swap meet.

There's really no timeline on this other than personal drive - I'll git 'em !

I met up with a local B-59er (actually has a B-60) and bought about 8 issues from about 2 dozen he had- good deal at $1 ea.

The back issue houses/ publishers seem to usually want $6-9 ea- too rich for my skinflint wallet.

I had another contact in north Jersey, but it will take a trip up there for other purposes (2 hr ride one-way), an I haven't been back up there yet.

I need to do a much better job hunting at the spring swap meet.

There's really no timeline on this other than personal drive - I'll git 'em !

Ahhhh....somehow, I thought you had a timeline on this. Glad you don't necessarily! Sounds like you have a good start, though.... You know how to reach me if you need further assistance....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |

"I must be lonely" ... Matchbox 20 ... '3 am'

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook