Some Zeta Bits

Guest Josh

With the Oshawa deal coming to a close it's pretty much a done deal they will get Zeta...sedans. You can almost count on the Impala staying in Oshawa & Zeta going there. Meaning, hey, the next Impala is RWD. Also, I fully expect the Buick sedan to be produced there too quite possibly with the Geeee8.

Two plants are expected. One in Canada, one in the United States. The U.S. plant could be anywhere from Wilmington, to D-Ham to at least one more inbetween.

That said, the plans are shaping up & Oshawa has solidified their spot for Zeta production.

With the Oshawa deal coming to a close it's pretty much a done deal they will get Zeta...sedans. You can almost count on the Impala staying in Oshawa & Zeta going there. Meaning, hey, the next Impala is RWD. Also, I fully expect the Buick sedan to be produced there too quite possibly with the Geeee8.

Two plants are expected. One in Canada, one in the United States. The U.S. plant could be anywhere from Wilmington, to D-Ham to at least one more inbetween.

That said, the plans are shaping up & Oshawa has solidified their spot for Zeta production.

Does this mean that Zeta will also be replacing W-body... or will that be more Epsilon II's job?

Does this mean that Zeta will also be replacing W-body... or will that be more Epsilon II's job?

As it now stands (far from certain) most W-bodies or their replacements will move to Zeta, but the LaCrosse will stay fwd on the lwb Global Midsize architecture. However in terms of market position (size and transaction price):

Grand Prix>>G6

Impala>>next Malibu

With the Zeta sedans being lower-volume premium products.

but Lutz said Camaro wouldnt be built in Canada...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Camaro isn't a sedan is it?

I think Griff may have mis-spoke with his last sentence and meant coupe.

The United States will see Zeta production. It's just a fact of where.

Because of valume.

how much volume could the zeta accually create...

okay... lets think... if the camaro can keep up with 120k sales...

if the impala is zeta sedan which i thought it was going to be a stretched epsilon II...

but even if the impala was zeta... lets say it maintains its volume of 300k a year or so...

would the pontiac Grand Prix, get renamed as a G8 as its also transfered onto the zeta platform? how many does that name sell? maybe 100k?

so we are looking at between 3 name playes 500-550k units?

the plant has a capacity of how much?

There will be a long wheel base and short wheel base Zeta's.

I wonder if that is where they seperate where the cars are built?

Doubtful. Oshawa is getting C-flex and should be able to build multiple carlines, not just wheelbases, on the same line. I think the coupes with their different structure are being moved to a different plant so that the sedans can use a higher volume plant and the coupes can keep the factory running because of its lower total output.

how much volume could the zeta accually create...

okay... lets think... if the camaro can keep up with 120k sales...

if the impala is zeta sedan which i thought it was going to be a stretched epsilon II...

but even if the impala was zeta... lets say it maintains its volume of 300k a year or so...

would the pontiac Grand Prix, get renamed as a G8 as its also transfered onto the zeta platform? how many does that name sell? maybe 100k?

so we are looking at between 3 name playes 500-550k units?

the plant has a capacity of how much?

wouldn't there be a Buick zeta in there too?

I’d imagine the one big reason why they wouldn’t build them under one facility is that the Camaro should be built in the USA, can’t let Ford have the only US built muscle car afterall. It would be a great marketing tool as well. While most car buyers don’t care where a car is built, muscle car owners tend to be more willing to buy a car based on its build location.

Josh: If you have seen an image of the Buick "Statesman," should we simply expect a Holden Statesman but with the Velite-type grille and portholes?  Or is there something else that will surprise and please us about the Buick?

He has seen NOTHING and is just speculating on everything.