• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

C&T 1970: Ford Mustang Mach 1 428 Review

'361-inch powerplant' ?? Ahh- he meant 351.

Disappointing there were no timed numbers.

Plowed more than the '72 Riviera GS test I watched recently.

To anyone with a knowledge of history- this car explains the Chevy-Ford rivalry pretty well. Ford would put out an 'on-paper' car that seemed competitive, but the numbers proved otherwise vs. -here- the Camaro. Note the comment "hard to believe 335 HP". Big block Mustang always took a back seat to a BB Camaro, and this was echoed up & down the lineup vs. Chevy- I have a 3-way Ford/ Chevy/ Plymouth test from '60- Ford numbers were good, car couldn't move. That history is why I give particular props to the current Mustang- really superbly done car.

Though it says '1970', the red Mach 1 is a '69...also has the rare front bumperguards.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I also suspect "6 inch rims" may be a bit off too...

Sounds about right...those cars had skinny tires standard.

Mine has the same wheels as the car in the video, the factory slotted steel wheels w/ trim rings and center caps...14 inch diameter. I remember my Dad long ago had Firestone 'Wide Oval' tires on it. Has Goodyear Eagles now. I'm going back to Ohio next month, hope to get it out for a drive (my Mom and brother have been driving it and my '87 every couple of weeks during the summer).

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.