Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

One-of-One 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge drop-top set to cross the auction block

4 posts in this topic

One-of-One 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge drop-top set to cross the auction block

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 04, 2010

Car auctions always have some interesting product to show off. Hell, I'm going to have to pick up my Boss '9 at one somewhere down the road, but that's beside the point. The one-of-one Pontiac GTO Judge convertible seen here is about to hit the block in a few weeks at Mecum's St. Charles Auction and here's a little something about it.

It's a triple-black 1969 GTO Judge convertible that's been documented - by the Pontiac Historical Society, no less - as a one of a kind vehicle out of 108 Judge convertibles built in the big 6-9.

Riding on redlines, this mack daddy comes with a Ram Air III-equipped 400-cubic inch (6.6-liter) V8 putting down 366 horsepower through a 4-speed tranny. Its option list includes a wood rim steering wheel, Rallye gauges, a hood-mounted tachometer (these need to come back, aerodynamics and legibility be damned), and an 8-track player.

For value's sake, the car's been through a complete restoration with almost all NOS (New Old Stock) parts and has zero miles on it since.

Man, I feel like I need to go haze some freshman just writing about this. Anyone got a case of beer and a paddle?

link:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-of-one-1969-pontiac-gto-judge-drop.html

Looks great, but would look even better riding 1-1.5" lower.

My brother missed the opportunity to buy a black on black '69 Judge coupe- I ran all the numbers on that car & everything checked out as legit, but the 'go-between' wouldn't get the owner's info and it soon disappeared.

Just spent time at a BOP show on Sunday. It was chocked full of some really special cars.

The old Ray Faro 1970 Ram Air V drag car was there. My co worker built the engine.

The runner up to the 1960 US nationals 60 Cat of Pete Seeton was there. Another co workers car.

A 1961 Cat 421 Resto mod that will run 11's all say and is street driven.

My managers Ram Air II first gen Firebird. The car is a near perfect car. It had been a drag car it's whole life ans is low miles and near 100 point condition.

We also had a large group of very nice Olds and Buicks. too.

I was in the finals for best of show with my car and took home the best interior award in the best of winners. That one means a lot to place in the kind of cars that were entered.

summitshow9510003.jpg

Restored Ram Air V GTO on the left and Best of show GTO winner on the right

summitshow9510017.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My buddies car on the right. He took the best engine award. FYI the asking price is $75,000. It is a 11 second car.

summitshow9510013.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Another buddies car. His dad bought it new and ordered everything including a factory 455. Not many non 442 convertibles were built with the 455.

Edited by hyperv6

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this