Sign in to follow this  
El Scorcho

Had the strangest dream last night...

6 posts in this topic

So in this dream, I couldn't sleep. It was about 4:30 in the morning, so I decided to check G&G for any late-night news bits. Turns out on the front page, there is a headline proclaiming Ford was consolidating its Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury brands all under the Ford name. It was also on Yahoo! News and anywhere else it could be, but I couldn't read any articles. So, no details on this strange move by Ford. Then I woke up and was upset by there being no news about it here (it was one of those it's-so-real-it-can't-be-a-dream dreams).

So if it does in fact happen one day, I want full credit :CG_all:

Well... they did combine Ford-Mercury in Canada a few years ago.

http://ford.ca/main/default.asp?Language=en&Section=5

To answer the inevitable questions this link will bring about: Yes, that is a Ford Grand Marquis. Yes, it still has the Mercury logo on the front. No, it doesn't make any sense to me either.

At this rate, Lincoln and Mercury will both be dead just into the next decade. I don't want to see either kick the bucket, but with what they have now (especially Mercury), I don't see a future there at all.

Well... they did combine Ford-Mercury in Canada a few years ago.

http://ford.ca/main/default.asp?Language=en&Section=5

To answer the inevitable questions this link will bring about: Yes, that is a Ford Grand Marquis. Yes, it still has the Mercury logo on the front. No, it doesn't make any sense to me either.

Interesting..looks like the Crown Vic isn't sold in Canada..what do the police use?

You know, your dream was not that far off El Scorcho. It comes at a time when Ford announces that SVT is being wrapped up.

So, pretty close there. :huh:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this