• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Meet the 21-Year-Old Student With 30 Supercars

Meet the 21-Year-Old Student With 30 Supercars

Dhiaa Al-Essa, a 21-year-old engineering student, drives a personal fleet of 30 supercars, including three Lamborghinis and five Ferraris. After getting a Koenigsegg Agera for next year's 22nd birthday, his garage will be worth $12 million. Slack jawed yokels, behold.

Yes, it's not his money. Al-Essa's father, whom we believe to be billionaire Mohammed Al-Issa, 85, has given Dhiaa not just the vehicles but the "070" personalized plates (at $153,000 per) and the resources to spend the summer flying the globe with his friends on driving tours. Once the new models arrive, Al-Essa will have a garage worth $12 million.

The full roster of his collection includes five Porsches, a sprinkling of Rolls Royces and for when he wants to go slumming, a Lexus LS460. To make the Koenigsegg a little less anonymous among the crowd, Al-Essa's father plans to have a key made from gold.

Despite the phalanx of speed and wealth at his disposal, Al-Essa knows the despair life can bring, just like you and I. It was his Ferrari 458 Italia, complete with Dolce & Gabbana interior, that burned at Heathrow Airport in London last month.

"I was devastated by it," he said. "I flew back to Riyadh for a week before returning to London where I drove a Mercedes and used the underground – I actually love travelling on public transport."

Dhiaa was planning to drive the 458 from London to Paris and then on to Cannes, Monaco – where his family's 180ft yacht is docked – Milan and Geneva before heading back to London via the French capital.

"I won't be getting another Ferrari 458 Italia," he said. "I think it was an unlucky car as I had to take it back to the dealer because of heating problems."

Instead, Al-Essa will get the last Ferrari 599 built. Running out of luck should be the least of his concerns.

(Thanks to several folks for the tips) [Via SWNS]

link:

http://jalopnik.com/5631714/meet-the-21+year+old-student-with-30-supercars

This kinda reminds me of an aquaintance I had in grad school that was from Singapore...he had 4 cars in Michigan--all then-new 1994 models--a BMW M3 w/ Racing Dynamics aftermarket goodies and badging, an Acura NSX, a Porsche 911 Turbo, and a Range Rover.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.