Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

The Ten Worst Poser Cars: Answers

10 posts in this topic

The Ten Worst Poser Cars

Cars built to look fast but go slow are nothing but a disappointment. A strip tease ending in a wet fart. We asked to identify the biggest disappointments ever built and you delivered up these fake, phony poser gems.

This is Answers of the Day - a feature where we take the best ten responses from the previous day's Question of the Day and shine it up to show off. It's by you and for you, the Jalopnik readers. Enjoy!

Want to see this gallery in one slow-to-load page? Click here.

link directly to this page:

http://jalopnik.com/5633892//gallery/gallery/1

read more: #answersoftheday, #aotd, #listicle, #posercars

Blake Noble    146

Hurr-durr, you could order that body package on a 1998 and up Z/28. Additionally, GM no longer called a Camaro equipped with that body package an RS by that time. It was a "Sport Appearance Package" for 1998 and on. Way to let a retard have his suggestion make the list, guys. Way to go.

Intrepidation    846

They must be running out of ideas for lists at this point, but pretty honest list really. Especially the Prowler's powertrain.

However, I do know of a small company who is doing 6.1 conversions. how they manage to stuff a big V8 in that little engine bay is a matter of witchcraft. :P

FUTURE_OF_GM    26

I don't really see what the issue is with the Xtreme, SSR or Camaro RS (nee Sports Appearance Package).

Camaro RS have NEVER been about speed. The Xtreme was marketed as a styling exercise from day one ( and a VERY good and VERY popular one at that) And the SSR looks like a 1) LARGE (Read: not fast) OLD (Read: not fast) CONVERTIBLE (Read: not fast) pick up (Read: not fast) Nothing about a 30's suburban says ANYTHING other than "cruiser" which is exactly what the SSR was.

As for the G6 GXP.... What a disgrace.

Croc    268

Hurr-durr, you could order that body package on a 1998 and up Z/28. Additionally, GM no longer called a Camaro equipped with that body package an RS by that time. It was a "Sport Appearance Package" for 1998 and on. Way to let a retard have his suggestion make the list, guys. Way to go.

Doesn't change the fact it still looks like a bath tub on wheels.

• Upvote 1

z28luvr01    170

I don't really see what the issue is with the Xtreme, SSR or Camaro RS (nee Sports Appearance Package).

Camaro RS have NEVER been about speed. The Xtreme was marketed as a styling exercise from day one ( and a VERY good and VERY popular one at that) And the SSR looks like a 1) LARGE (Read: not fast) OLD (Read: not fast) CONVERTIBLE (Read: not fast) pick up (Read: not fast) Nothing about a 30's suburban says ANYTHING other than "cruiser" which is exactly what the SSR was.

As for the G6 GXP.... What a disgrace.

This.

I also have a problem with them including the 1982 Trans Am on this list. It's low power output was a product of its time, nothing more. The Corvette from that same year had 200hp

Honestly, this list should be retitled "Let's Bash the Cars I Don't Like". Where is the Subaru Baja, FWD Mercury Cougar, Lexus ES, Infiniti I30, Acura Legend, Ford Probe, etc?

Cory Wolfe    263

This.

I also have a problem with them including the 1982 Trans Am on this list. It's low power output was a product of its time, nothing more. The Corvette from that same year had 200hp

Honestly, this list should be retitled "Let's Bash the Cars I Don't Like". Where is the Subaru Baja, FWD Mercury Cougar, Lexus ES, Infiniti I30, Acura Legend, Ford Probe, etc?

It's a Q&A... Reader submitted material narrowed down to 10. That is, you know, for fun. They're about as serious as a happy meal. I never understood why many of you guys get your panties up in a bunch over these Jalopnik posts. :P

And just out of curiosity, what prompts you to add the Acura Legend onto your short list? It sticks out among the other junk as a pretty good car that's been coveted by enthusiasts since its inception. That's rather amendable for what most people would see as an average premium midsizer, whereas, any of the vehicles on Jalopnik's list would be the polar opposite. Sure, some of them are on there, circumstantially, due to general inadequacy that was forced upon an entire decade (or two) of the automotive industry. Does that really change anything? No. That Trans Am will have all the little (old) children pointing gleefully, just as the majority of todays family sedans outgun it without breaking a sweat. It's not exactly a fair comparison, not that, you know, there were actually any rules or guidelines set. I can see the reasoning behind why someone would suggest each and every one of those. After all, its strictly for fun.

Blake Noble    146

Doesn't change the fact it still looks like a bath tub on wheels.

Not any more than any other car from that era with "body extension" packages, save for the S-10 Xtreme.

Opinions are opinions, though.

Surprising that the biggest poser car of them all didn't make the list--the Hummer H2. As fake as most gangsta rappers.

I can't argue too loudly about the cheesy factory bodykits, though, as I have an '80s example.. :)

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this