Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

2011MY Toyota Camry V6 gains 1mpg in both City and Highway driving

2 posts in this topic

2011MY Toyota Camry V6 gains 1mpg in both City and Highway driving

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 09, 2010

Toyota has released a 2011 model year version of its best-selling Camry sedan. The only change for the 2011MY Camry concerns the addition of new lower-rolling-resistance tires to the 3.5-liter V6 model, which helps increase EPA fuel economy ratings by 1mpg, to 20 mpg city and 29 mpg highway, up from 19/28 respectively on the 2010MY V6 model. Other than that, it's the same car you see with a 2010MY sticker.

The Camry continues to be available in the States with two more engine options, a regular 2.5-liter four-cylinder petrol unit that returns 22 mpg city and 32 mpg on the highway, and a hybrid version with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine rated at 31/35 mpg (33 mpg combined).

link:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/09/2011my-toyota-camry-v6-gains-1mpg-in.html

2011 CAMRY V6 GAINS ECO-FRIENDLY TIRES, MPG RATING BUMP

By Mark Kleis

America's most popular passenger car, the Toyota Camry, just got a pinch for environmentally friendly for 2011 thanks to the addition of lower-rolling-resistance tires for its V6-equipped models.

Thanks to the swap to slightly less sticky tires, the Camry V6's fuel economy ratings will enjoy a slight boost from last year's EPA rating of 19 city, 28 highway, to the 2011 ratings of 20 city, 29 highway. By comparison, the Camry Hybrid retains its ratings of 31 city, 35 highway, and the four-cylinder Camry stays the same at 22 city, 32 (33 with the six-speed manual transmission) highway miles per gallon.

Aside from the change to lower-rolling-resistance tires, no other changes have been made to the 2011 Camry lineup.

link:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2011-camry-v6-gains-eco-friendly-tires-mpg-rating-bump.html

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this