Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Camino's First Camino

Makes my mouth water and my right foot get twitchy.

The fact that it's a 4-speed makes this gorgeous El-SS even more appealing! :breakdance:

IIRC you said it was 396 powered right?

Edited by Sixty8panther

beeeeeyyyyyooooootiful!!! Keep 'em coming Camino!! Do you still have the Space Truck tag? :P

Yeah, what's left of it. Lots of road rash and an unfortunate encounter with a lit light bulb left it pretty shabby. Maybe I'll have a reason to make a new one some day.

DAmn, so it WAS a 454... that's a lot of motor for what is essentioally a lightweight 3-passanger Chevelle.

I'd love to own anything 454 powered, even an old rusty C/K but a '70 ElCamino is so muhc cooler!

That car probably went through Barrett Jackson this past year.

When I hung out with Camino in the fall he showwed me the SpaceTruck plate. Too bad the 1970 SS was no longer bolted to it. :( :wnk:

I :heart:the Spacetruck!!

What a truly cool pic, it really takes you back to that time, even tho I was only a little kid back then.

I wish this shot was better, I'd love to see it cleaned up and re-sized so I could use it as an avatar.

How about this: Posted Image

Z28:

Tat's creepy.. I found the same exact image off of a red '72 and made this in the time you posted that! :blink:

Posted Image

I'm not a big fan of red and all but you have a fire-engine-red GTO. :P

Here's a blue and black one:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow! Perfect! Thanks,Z.

I'll copy it and try to get it hosted tonight.

Hey Brian- remember Mabels crappy El Camino? The drivers side was a '69, and the passenger side was a '70. It was even different colors inside.

I was with her when she slid into some dudes trailer hitch and punched a hole in her grill.

Also the shifter was broken completely off and you sort of had to jam in into place if you wanted to, say, shift it into reverse or something. After you found it.

hahahaha. serves that ugly thing right.

Hey Brian- remember Mabels crappy El Camino? The drivers side was a '69, and the passenger side was a '70. It was even different colors inside.

I was with her when she slid into some dudes trailer hitch and punched a hole in her grill.

Also the shifter was broken completely off and you sort of had to jam in into place if you wanted to, say, shift it into reverse or something. After you found it.

hahahaha. serves that ugly thing right.

Are you promoting wanton El Camino abuse....cuz them's fightin' words around these parts. :nono: See, the proper thing to say would be something like, "That's such a shame. An El Camino deserves better than that." I'll let this one slide, on the hopes that you learn from your mistake :P

Are you promoting wanton El Camino abuse....cuz them's fightin' words around these parts.  :nono: See, the proper thing to say would be something like, "That's such a shame. An El Camino deserves better than that." I'll let this one slide, on the hopes that you learn from your mistake  :P

you never saw this El Camino.

Are you promoting wanton El Camino abuse....cuz them's fightin' words around these parts.  :nono: See, the proper thing to say would be something like, "That's such a shame. An El Camino deserves better than that." I'll let this one slide, on the hopes that you learn from your mistake  :P

When you drive a Honda....

cool. I wonder why they broke the "El" off the El Camino emblem and mounted it separately? :blink:

Nope, I did that.... fugured where you go by just "Camino" you wouldnt care if I eliminated some unnecessary width. :P

I'd love to T-bone a few Civics with a beat up old ElCamino with cop-car pushbars on the front. Minimal damage to the Chevy... unibody torn in half on the Japanese Sardine can. That would be so satisfying. Remember that Caprice vs. Accord stunt Jay Leno setup? God that warmed my heart!

Lost a 76? :mellow: Do tell.