Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

MAZDA BUILDS TWO MILLIONTH MAZDA6

1 post in this topic

MAZDA BUILDS TWO MILLIONTH MAZDA6

By Drew Johnson

Less than nine years after the start of production, Mazda has produced its two-millionth Mazda6. Launched in 2002, the Mazda6 now stands as the automaker’s second-fastest selling car of all-time, trailing only the Mazda3.

Just eight years and six months after the first Mazda6 rolled off the line at Mazda's Hofu Plant No. 2 in Yamaguchi prefecture, the Japanese has announced production of the nameplate’s two-millionth unit. The milestone-marking vehicle rolled out of the Mazda factory in late August.

"The Mazda6 is one of the core models which helped establish Mazda's brand image globally,” Seita Kanai, Mazda's senior managing executive officer in charge of R&D and Program Management, said. “I was the first generation model's development program manager, and I still have a special fondness for this terrific car. I'm grateful to the two million-plus customers around the world who have purchased a Mazda6. I would like to say thank you to each and every customer."

Now in its second-generation, the current Mazda6 was launched in 2007. The Mazda6 reached the one million mark in 2006, making it fairly safe to assume that we can expect the three millionth example sometime in 2014.

link:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mazda-builds-two-millionth-mazda6.html