NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

New Chevrolet Montana: GM Brazil

well, this should make amends to camino for the no show on the G8 truck, if they ever brought it here.

actually, i was prepared to rip this thing, but actually it's ok for what it is. It might even sell a few here. But really if they brought it here, they might as well bring the Ute too. You probably could justify it as easily.

It is Corsa-based, so idk if it'd do well in the US. Perhaps over the long run if higher gas prices price people out of larger vehicles.

Finally, a vehicle with headlights bigger than the wheels. :rolleyes::AH-HA:

Not altogether horrible, srsly. As an addition to the US truck lineup, maybe. Certainly not a replacement for anything already sold here.

I really like the current Montana and wish GM would sell the little trucklet here. But the styling of the new version is a little weird. They styling of all the new Chevies is just a little off.

It's based off of this, for those of you who didn't already know.

2010-Chevrolet-Agile-4-1024x685.jpg

At least its snout looks better than the new Aveo's.

Yeah I don't understand the fixation that they have with having a freaking huge gaping maw. The Malibu and Cruze... even the Traverse have attractive grilles while the new direction (Aveo, Captiva et al) seems to be towards that hideous Mitsubishi look.

Yeah I don't understand the fixation that they have with having a freaking huge gaping maw. The Malibu and Cruze... even the Traverse have attractive grilles while the new direction (Aveo, Captiva et al) seems to be towards that hideous Mitsubishi look.

A big grille and big headlights make a small car look more substantial and less puny. The grille on the Agile looks very similar to the Malibu grille but applied to a smaller car. Malibu, Cruze, Traverse, Agile, new Aveo, Spark, new Captiva, Orlando...all have variations on the same horizontally split grille theme..even the Tahoe/Suburban is similar. They've established a strong family styling cue, not unlike many other car makers.

you know, right now in the economy the way it is, this vehicle might do ok in the US. Slap an El Camino badge on it. Who knows, it might go!

People buy Nissan Cubes, why wouldn't they buy this? (Cube is getting popular here BTW).

Motocrossers in california and the like who just want something to tote their dirt bikes........

It's based off of this, for those of you who didn't already know.

2010-Chevrolet-Agile-4-1024x685.jpg

At least its snout looks better than the new Aveo's.

"LTZ" ! I love it!

How come chevy doesn't have an "LOL" trim level or a "LMAO" trim level???? Those would apply here!!!!!!

Edited by regfootball

Yeah, the Agile could fit between the Spark and Aveo in the US. With the Spark, Agile, Aveo, and Cruze, Chevy would have a full range of family cars for 2015 and beyond.

The Montana would definitely make a nice new El Camino.

A new range of Chevys for a new era!

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Uh, is that ah-JEE-lay (must be Italian) a 4WD? Cuz it is sitting way high on those springs.

I was lawling at the "LTZ" badge as well.

Uh, is that ah-JEE-lay (must be Italian) a 4WD? Cuz it is sitting way high on those springs.

I was lawling at the "LTZ" badge as well.

'ah-JEE-lay' would probably be the Portuguese pronunciation :) I assume the high ground clearance is for coping w/ the many rough roads in Brasil.

If provided with a diesel, this vehicle would be an excellent competitor against Mahindra's truck... assuming it doesn't die in lawsuit Hell.

If provided with a diesel, this vehicle would be an excellent competitor against Mahindra's truck... assuming it doesn't die in lawsuit Hell.

Manhindra's box is bigger, more like based on Cruze than Corsa.

Amazingly, I've been unharmed by watching that video. That little green sucker is spunky. The negre headlights improve it some. And I like the seats, with the ribs pressed into the fabric. Once again, as an addition to the US lineup, it could find a niche, like a Transit Connect has found a niche (and I'm seeing more and more of those on the road.)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook