Sign in to follow this  
NewsFeeder

Jeep Patriot rocks up with modest facelift for 2011

11 posts in this topic

NewsFeeder    9

Filed under: SUV, Crossover, Jeep

2011 Jeep Patriot red
2011 Jeep Patriot - Click above for high-res image gallery

Chrysler has just revealed the first images and details of its 2011 Jeep Patriot, and the compact softroader has received very subtle nip/tuck for the new model year that touch nearly every aspect of the vehicle.

The alterations include a new front fascia with fog lamps integrated with the headlamps, color-keyed grille, a new front fascia that's lower than before, new 17-inch alloys and a brace of new colors, among other differences.

Under the skin, the baby Jeep receives reworked steering and suspension tunings (though the company declines specifics) and 4x4 models benefit from additional inch of ride height to augment its off-road capabilities.

Like other recent Chrysler models, the Patriot's interior has been a sticking point since the model was introduced for the 2007 model year, and the Auburn Hills automaker has devoted quite a bit of attention to upgrading the cabin in this revised model. Changes include new soft-touch door panels with backlighting for the door and window switches, a new armrest, a new wheel with redundant audio controls (along with Bluetooth and cruise), higher-quality cloth on the seats, and so on.

Analyze the changes for yourself by checking out our high-res gallery below and the official press release after the jump.

[source: Jeep]

Continue reading Jeep Patriot rocks up with modest facelift for 2011

Jeep Patriot rocks up with modest facelift for 2011 originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:28:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=6fzVtmCkYJs:c0mU2c5JKJo:wF9xT autoblog?i=6fzVtmCkYJs:c0mU2c5JKJo:V_sGL
6fzVtmCkYJs

View the full article

Intrepidation    846

Subtle but effective changes. I like the lower black cladding. Gives it a more rugged look while slimming down the body visually. Like the interior changed and new colors too, particularly the new steering wheel.

022-2011-jeep-patriot.jpg

I wasn't expecting any updates to this, so its a pleasant surprise. Would be nice if they did something about the powertrains though...

Wish they'd discontinue the Compass though. There's no point to having that ugly thing in the lineup. Should have been killed off instead of the Magnum.

AAS    13

Very nice upgrades to the exterior, the plastic/cladding helps get rid of a lot of "blandness". Seeing the pictures makes me very glad I didn't get a 2010, and also makes me want a 2011.

2011 Jeep Patriot gets Tweaked, Proves it's all in the Details

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2010

Jeep has released images of its freshened-up Jeep Patriot, and it looks like...the Jeep Patriot. Although front and rear fascias have been facelifted, the differences are only noticeable upon very close inspection.

Outside, the Patriot gets a new body-colored grille, standard fog lamps, new 17-inch wheels, lower rear bumper, and a total of four new colors. On the off-road side of things, the 4X4 models receives a one inch increase in ride height.

Underneath, the suspension system has been modified for more comfort with increased damping/rebound rates and a new rear sway bar. Steering was also tweaked.

Like the recently-teased Chrysler 200 sedan that replaces the Sebring, more soft-touch materials will be found within, as well as a new, thicker-rimmed steering wheel with integrated audio / trip controls. The Uconnect Voice Command system will be available across the board, and top-range Latitude X models will get standard automatic climate control.

Jeep President and CEO Mike Manley says, "For 2011, Jeep Patriot is even more appealing to consumers, thanks to rugged new exterior styling, interior enhancements and refinements to the suspension and steering systems."

The 2011 Jeep Patriot will be built at Chrysler's Belvidere Assembly Plant in Belvidere, Illinois, and consumers will begin to see it populating dealer lots in the fourth quarter of 2010 (aka starting next month). Even though it's only been tweaked a little here and there, the Patriot seems to be shaping up as an interesting compact offering from Jeep.

link:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/09/2011-jeep-patriot-gets-tweaked-proves.html

ocnblu    732

Nice cute ute. The industry's most earnest effort to butch up the car-based SUV.

'11 JEEP PATRIOT: SECOND REFRESH ADDS MORE CONTENT, REVISED STYLE

By Andrew Ganz

Although it has only been on the market since the 2007 model year, Jeep's Patriot receives its second major update.

Jeep says that many of the biggest changes are skin deep, but the automaker's small car-based 'ute gains a more aggressive front fascia with newly standard front fog lamps, a body-colored grille, 17-inch alloy wheels and some revisions to its rear end. The available 4x4 model sits an inch higher than before, although Jeep hasn't specified if the model's increased ride height significantly changes its off road ability.

Inside, Jeep further refined the Patriot's still relatively fresh interior. Although the Patriot gained a new dashboard and center console for 2009, the 2011 model adds new soft-surface door panels, a new center armrest, a three-spoke steering wheel from the Grand Cherokee, revised upholstery and increased standard equipment. Cruise control and back-lit door switches are newly standard, while the Latitude X model gains automatic climate control.

The Jeep receives a retuned suspension with higher spring and damping rates, added rebound springs and a thicker rear swaybar for the new year. Despite its car-based platform, Jeep says that the Patriot can ford 19 inches of water and tow 2,000 lbs. The single-speed transfer case on 4x4 models continues to feature on-the-fly locking to split power 50/50 between the front and rear wheels for added traction.

Jeep hasn't detailed mechanical specifications, but it's expected that the current 2.0 and 2.4-liter four-cylinders will continue to be mated to either five-speed manual or CVT automatic transmissions.

Three models will be offered for 2011: The base Sport, mid-level Latitude and range-topping Latitude X. All are built in Belvidere, Illinois, and will go on sale in the fourth quarter of 2010.

link:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/jeep-patriot.html

daves87rs    326

Funky, but I like it. Those foglights will come in handy....

Nice. They pictured one with a stick shift?

I was thinking the same thing....

regfootball    234

Subtle but effective changes. I like the lower black cladding. Gives it a more rugged look while slimming down the body visually. Like the interior changed and new colors too, particularly the new steering wheel.

022-2011-jeep-patriot.jpg

I wasn't expecting any updates to this, so its a pleasant surprise. Would be nice if they did something about the powertrains though...

Wish they'd discontinue the Compass though. There's no point to having that ugly thing in the lineup. Should have been killed off instead of the Magnum.

can't disagree with any of that. nice updates. the interior updates alone to me, make it worth a new look.

regfootball    234

Nice cute ute. The industry's most earnest effort to butch up the car-based SUV.

even though the patriot is really similar in size to the cherokee, there is still a slight weirdness about it, one that you can tell the cherokee did not give away subtle clues about its crossover heritage. there is just a little something off in the patriot's design that lets you know, ever so slightly, that it's not a truck.

and in 2011 with cafe and all of that its probably ok. Are they still killing the Liberty? i really liked the last Liberty redo.