Sign in to follow this  
04monteintimidator

Panthera

8 posts in this topic

This is a modern musclecar i thought up while looking at my trans am sketch and realizing that sadly... it'll never happen... so i decided to redesign it... while still keeping some of the lines and sizes etc... just for fun... this is the result

Posted Image

it comes in three trim levels...

Base: 4.0L V6 with 260 hp @5600 rpm, 300 ft/lbs of torque @4000 rpm

Onca: 5.8L V8 with 325 hp @6000 rpm, 360 ft/lbs of torque @4100 rpm and AWD

Pardus: 6.4L V8 with 450 hp @7100 rpm, 495 ft/lbs of torque @4100 rpm

in case anyone is wondering where i got the names from... Panthera is the name of the big cat genus which includes lions, tigers etc... i got Onca from the scientific name for a jaguar (Panthera Onca) and Pardus came from a leopard (Panthera Pardus)... i went with big cats for a naming theme because i wanted to make the car look animalistic... and when i think of a RWD muscle car... the first animal image i think of is a lion or tiger crouched and ready to pounce... so that was my whole thought process... hope you guys like the car

Good sketch too but nothing sais modern to me.

Edited by Charger4U

Love the sketch but the Panthera was not a muscle car. It was a mid-engine Ford POwered Italian "exotic" wiht a longitudinaly mounted motor and trans. you could fit like three bodies behind the engine in the engine bay... tons of room for just empty space.

A guy who is one of the leading authorities on DeTomasso Panteras lives about .75 miles down from me on the same street. I've never met him but hear all kinds of stories and every now and then he's got like 2 or three Pantheras in front of his garge. :)

the names been used before? i didnt know that... i was makin a new thing up i wasnt trying to do a new model of an existing car... and charger... what about it makes it not modern? im not arguing with you i just like to know why people think a certain thing so maybe i can fix it

Pantera--Spanish

Panthera--Latin

Unless you're Castillian, then I suppose you could spell it like the former and pronounce it like the latter.

04Monte, did you design the hood scoops after the nostrils of a cat?

yes i did... i tried to give the car as catlike an appearance as possible... like the grill... fangs...

They look like two different designs that meet awkwardly at the A-pillar. Love the front, behind the A-pillar it looks old and tired. Go with the style of the front for the whole thing (and make sure the rear is in perspective).

charger... what about it makes it not modern? im not arguing with you i just like to know why people think a certain thing so maybe i can fix it

i just dont think it looks and different than any other muscle car from the 60's/70's but that being said im not sure what a modern muscle car should look like, noone no car company to me anways has yet to make a modern muscle car.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this