Sign in to follow this  
ToniCipriani

Firebird Convertible

12 posts in this topic

Sudden spike in my mind when being bored at work:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Call it a blend between the 1st, 3rd and 4th gen Firebirds.

HUD is standard, as it's the tach. It's a modern recreation of the hood mounted tachs existing on early Firebirds.

It'll be based on a widened Camaro platform (Pontiac WideTrack)

Edited by ToniCipriani

oooo nice i dunno about that lump in the hood tho... is that a cowl induction of some sort?it looks kinda weird... maybe lower it a bit? and also... on the 3/4 view... what is goin on at the bottom of the a pillar? it looks the side window goes down below the hood line... and that the sideview is attached to the window... the interior is real nice and i like how you harked back to the old school hood tachs with the hud tach... thats a nice touch... definitely not alot of design problems... just the standard things that happen when you draw stuff quickly at work and/or school... good job... i like it alot

cant say ive ever seen a firebird with a cowl induction... tho im not very well educated on 4th gen so it may have slipped past me... ill check it out

99camaroSS    0

3rd gens had those ones that were offset to the drivers side and then the early 4th gens had the reverse scoup things that went in instead of protruding out and then the 4.5 gens had the horse nostril style hood scoops

nope... 4th gen had ram air and i could be wrong but i think the other 3 gens all had shakers... and i just realized... how is a cowl induction goin to seperate it from the camaro? the camaro has a cowl induction... didnt you notice the lump in the middle of its hood?

actually the design you have is very well differentiated... you dont really need to change anything designwise to make it look less like a camaro... bcuz it doesnt really look like a camaro as is

99camaroSS    0

nope... 4th gen had ram air and i could be wrong but i think the other 3 gens all had shakers... and i just realized... how is a cowl induction goin to seperate it from the camaro? the camaro has a cowl induction... didnt you notice the lump in the middle of its hood?

sorry i was thinking more just scoops in general than cowl my bad

Edited by 99camaroSS

Cool.

One gripe however. Lower grille is too "1997 Grand Prix SE sedan"

ocnblu    733
I like the full-on front view. I'd like to see Pontiac use a nose similar to this again.

Oh, and one more thing I forgot to mention. My drawing skills aren't up there, the grilles are actually a hexagonal mesh, something like what's on the Vibe and G6 right now.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this