Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

First Photos of 2011 Chevrolet Aveo Interior

59 posts in this topic

First Photos of 2011 Chevrolet Aveo Interior

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2010

post-1757-12846868191647.jpg

When General Motors lifted the wraps off the production 2011 Chevrolet Aveo hatchback on September 8, it only gave us a couple of pictures of the subcompact's exterior. But today, we came across a promotional video (to be added soon) and took some snapshots of the cabin.

Sans the more luxurious leather appointments and sporty decorative trim of the Aveo RS concept study shown in Detroit this past January, the interior design is virtually unchanged on the production model.

Highlights include the motorcycle-inspired instrument binnacle which features an analogue tachometer combined with a digital speedo and warning lights, and the classic Chevrolet wrap-round fascia of the dashboard.

General Motors claims that it has used "high quality materials" in the interior which also features multiple storage spaces in the center stack and an audio system with USB, aux-in and Bluetooth functionality.

The new Aveo will make its world premiere at the Paris Motor Show later this month. For more details on GM's five-door supermini, read our previous post here.

link:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/09/first-photos-of-2011-chevrolet-aveo.html

I like that gauge cluster; it's different, but in this category you need a little extra something to distance yourself from the pack. All in all, it looks 'high-tech' enough, without coming off chintzy or garish.

No complaints about the interior.

I have some. Circular air vents from the Aztek, mixed with square ones. Why not make them all circular or all squarish for continuity. And yikes, look at that massive digital speedometer. That blue is the new 80s green for digital speedometers, I think that will wear old quickly. But all cars in this segment have a weak interior, aside from Fiesta.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I have some. Circular air vents from the Aztek, mixed with square ones. Why not make them all circular or all squarish for continuity. And yikes, look at that massive digital speedometer. That blue is the new 80s green for digital speedometers, I think that will wear old quickly. But all cars in this segment have a weak interior, aside from Fiesta.

The Fiesta's interior is nothing special at all...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Perhaps I shouldn't say this based on grainy photos, but it doesn't seem "high quality" to me... but it does seem on par with the class, including Fiesta.

Can't tell how it feels but it look more expensive than most in class.

The guage panel lay out looks higher tech and more usefull than others in this class. In fact that lay out would play well in a sports car. The 599 Ferrari uses a similar color layout for their tach.

If they make the materials as good as the Cruze they should be fine.

Edited by hyperv6

Neat design, although I don't understand what's going on with the storage binnacles placed to the left and right of the center stack. It looks like GM originally wanted to place HVAC vents there. Additionally, about how useful will those areas be for storage when they're only deep vertically?

That's my only problem with the whole design. For a small car, it looks good. It also remained virtually unchanged from the concept, which is even better. Too bad GM had to screw some of the exterior details up.

At $17k to $20k, as compared to an expected $12k to $15k, the Fiesta better have a much better interior.

These two products are going for different customers, even though they are the same size. The Fiesta is billed to those that want to overpay for a B Segment vehicle to show off their care for the environment and the Aveo is for those that have little money and just want a decent new car, of which Chevrolet has not provided in recent years with the prior generation. Mark my words, the Aveo will out sell the Fiesta, not because of it being a better product, but because of it having a lower price that fits what people in that buying segment are looking for.

No complaints about the interior.

agree. ain't nothing wrong with that. didn't get watered down, like.....

Perhaps I shouldn't say this based on grainy photos, but it doesn't seem "high quality" to me... but it does seem on par with the class, including Fiesta.

fiestas interior is decent, this pretty much looks to be chevy's version of decent, capably done.

Neat design, although I don't understand what's going on with the storage binnacles placed to the left and right of the center stack. It looks like GM originally wanted to place HVAC vents there. Additionally, about how useful will those areas be for storage when they're only deep vertically?

That's my only problem with the whole design. For a small car, it looks good. It also remained virtually unchanged from the concept, which is even better. Too bad GM had to screw some of the exterior details up.

storage bins that are highly convenient for tech gadgets, or personal items like wallets or pens and such.

i think they probably may also enclose something optional but little cubbies can be handy especially on a small car. i wonder if a 20 pop bottle will fit into it ass end in first? maybe its a chill zone?

At $17k to $20k, as compared to an expected $12k to $15k, the Fiesta better have a much better interior.

These two products are going for different customers, even though they are the same size. The Fiesta is billed to those that want to overpay for a B Segment vehicle to show off their care for the environment and the Aveo is for those that have little money and just want a decent new car, of which Chevrolet has not provided in recent years with the prior generation. Mark my words, the Aveo will out sell the Fiesta, not because of it being a better product, but because of it having a lower price that fits what people in that buying segment are looking for.

ford was ambitious with fiesta pricing, i bet it gets modified next model year to be more realistic

didn't think i would, but I am REALLY diggin the motorcycle inspired digital gauge and tach. can the engine back it up? especially considering the motor might have the same displacement as some motorcycles......

Edited by regfootball

ford was ambitious with fiesta pricing, i bet it gets modified next model year to be more realistic

If they can - It might cost to much to build to lower the cost much without loosing their shorts on it.

I have some. Circular air vents from the Aztek, mixed with square ones. Why not make them all circular or all squarish for continuity. But all cars in this segment have a weak interior, aside from Fiesta.

Uh, the Fiesta has circular and square vents inside too...

fordfiestainterior01lg.jpg

Anyone know what those gaps are on either side of the center vents? It almost looks like they were supposed to be vents, but now they just look like holes.

Anyone know what those gaps are on either side of the center vents? It almost looks like they were supposed to be vents, but now they just look like holes.

You mean the holes on top of the round area the round vents are in? Looks like side window defroster/defogger holes to me.

You mean the holes on top of the round area the round vents are in? Looks like side window defroster/defogger holes to me.

No, the holes around the center/rectangular vents, on either side of the radio.

Short answer: GM decided they didn't want vents there, so they put two awkwardly made storage bins in their place.

I highly doubt they'll be useful for much. I really do. You might could slam an iPhone in one bin and a bag of Skittles in the other. Or maybe you could use them to store and sort two or three week's worth of mail because that's where you should totally keep your mail right? In your car?

Edited by whiteknight

Could also leave space for other things and options later. Could make a place to were you can plug in a I pod of phone with a usb port and to where you can still see it.

Boost gauge for an SS?

So you believe Chevrolet is going to break their promise of not putting the hallowed SS badge on junk?

I like this interior better than the Malibu's. It's much more sophisticated looking (save for the color shown, hopefully there will be a few color options). GM has come a long way in a short time.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this