1. 1. What Decade of Music Do You Like?

• 40's
    • 50's
    • 60's
    • 70's
    • 80's
    • 90's
    • 00's??

Just Curious. I like the 80's. Some bands/persons are ACDC, Bon Jovi, ACDC, and ACDC. I listen to some country though.

How bout yah?

You know... you post alot of repeat threads. :P

I guess this is different in that it has a poll, though... So... it's a mix. 80s, 90s, and today for the most part. I love System of a Down, if you couldn't tell. :D However, I also listen to Korn, Metallica, Guns N Roses, AC/DC, Green Day, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park... Oh.. and Eminem. There's more, but those are the main ones.

I think the past 10 years in music have been pretty interesting, the past year or two especially so. I'll admit 2000-2004 or so had some of my favorite releases, but music is certainly heading in *many* great new directions lately. The "00's" are a very exciting time indeed!

i like most anything, but not pop and not most country. good music withstands the changing of the decades, and even few bands can change with the decades and still produce good music. i do like the new depeche mode song on the radio, also like their old stuff. but i also like they might be giants, and a wide variety of other rock oriented bands, inluding indie bands like modest mouse

edit:considering i'm 22 now...

and i'm finding i like more stuff that was overplayed on the radio from the mid-late 90s more and more, when it's played on the college station, but i was exposed to 105.7 KPNT in st louis in the mid 90s also

Edited by loki

Standing my ground for the 70's (primarily late) to early 80's. It's when I transitioned from lyricized music to that without lyrics - namely jazz. Driving fast is a definite possibility with the former while driving mellow is the way to go with the latter. People at work know that, if they need some trashy disco or any black vocalist (except rap crap), mine is the office to pop your head into.

Edited by trinacriabob

mostly mid to late 70s... with a few 80s thrown in (Motley Crue, GnR, Skid Row)... i can tolerate some new stuff... dont care too much for hip-hop/r&b but i wont ask someone to change the radio if its on at sumplace... i hate the whole emo/screamo thing... and nirvana... dont like nirvana

where's the roaring 20's swing music????????

I like alot of stuff rap rock some country hippie music.

I hate new pop and African American "soul" music i have not understood those yet.

Guest YellowJacket894

Tool, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots...The '90s, no doubt. Although I do like A Perfict Circle and Puscifer (has a Tool connection...), among a select handful of others.

I can listen to progressive rock of the 60s, 70s, 80s. I can listen to most of the main stream 80s, 90s, 00s. I grew up in my early years with 80s, then went on from '97 until now listening to weekly radio hits. So, I'm pretty much not biased.

I can listen to pretty much anything except 80's crap. There are VERY few songs form the 80's I like. Any other decade, 40's on, doesn't bother me. My favorite is new music though. My faith in rock is coming back, hearing rock become fun and simple again lately. Damn NickelCrap and their trashing of rock's good image...

Voted 1960s but 1970s are a close favorite.

Even though I'm just about to turn 27, like with everything else in my life I've got the taste of a 53 year old Baby Boomer.

• 2 years later...

My tastes are funky soul, boom-bap/soulful-leaning Hip-Hop (basically stuff with a groove), and new wave feel rock. That generally came out of the 80s. Some metal, some house, some electronica, some R&B/soul of today is cool. I don't care for tinny throwaway flavor of the month ringtone rappers, death metal, overly angsty rock, gospel/Christian, and especially not that vile concoction known as techno....prety much anything your daughter listens to.

The big '80s, followed by '90s and '70s, with a bit of the late '60s. I'm 38, a teenager of the '80s who misses his MTV. But two baby boomer older siblings, I got hooked on classic rock (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, The Who, The Beatles, Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, Bad Company, etc) early. My tastes range from the blues (Buddy Guy, Stevie Ray Vaughan, BB King, Albert King, Muddy Waters) to classic rock to alternative to new wave to techno to ambient/electronica to R&B and soul (Marvin Gaye, Curtis Mayfield, etc), jazz, classical, and a tiny bit of country (Johnny Cash, Lyle Lovett, Willie Nelson) and hip-hop (NWA)or trip-hop (Massive Attack).

For the '80s, U2, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, The Cure, The Alarm, Depeche Mode, Bauhaus, Guns N Roses, Def Leppard, The Cult.

From the '90s, which was dominated by my college and grad school years, I never got into Nirvana, but liked and still like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, The Foo Fighters, Tori Amos, Moby, Dave Matthews Band, and dance/electronica from Paul Oakenfold, William Orbit, BT, etc.

As far as the current decade, I've liked the work of Audioslave, U2, Coldplay, Velvet Revolver, Radiohead, Moby, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Franz Ferdinand, The Killers...

For an all time favorite album--probably U2's 'Achtung, Baby'.

Edited by moltar