Sign in to follow this  
regfootball

Ford Edge 2011 interior impression

1 post in this topic

Was at the dealer getting the oil changed on my trex today. They had a new 011 Edge sport with the 22" wheels, black w/ black.

Exterior changes, nice.

Wheels, too big and overdone.

Grille, nice. I prefer not in black. I wish it had bigger headlights. TIme for the big wheels craze to finally go away.

Interior.....mytouch and new center stack is cool, display is nice. will take a long time to figure out. touch controls seem to operate nicely but you'll have ot spend a lot of time learning where all of them are for memory since they are not tactile nor in a convenient line of sight. At least the touchscreen is in a better spot.

Seats are no different than the 07-10 model.

Very disappointed, the new design of the interior is a genuine improvement but the material quality isn't really too much better than before. The leather is the same shiny stuff (black is tough) and the plastics are not rich. The gaps and all of that is standard issue Ford. A bit sloppy, cheap. It makes up for the cheap by being manly. The steering wheel is beefy but the buttons just seem a bit out of whack in terms of location. I wish they had nicer gauges, the singular small gauge I don't care for.

The explorer interior will be close to this. It's nice, but just ok. It's not improved so much vs. the hype as they say. The mytouch and center stack and display steal the show and that is what most folks will focus on anyways. Just that many of the touch controls are buried behind the shifter. not a problem when the car is in drive really i suppose.

I will want to see this interior in tan cloth before i render it as a bit of a miss. Ford's black interiors always look cheap.

I spent more time in a really nice Flex, the Flex interior is better than the new Edge, just that the Edge's design is sleeker. The Flex materials and QC and lighting is nicer. The new 011 Mustang has a BANGUP interior. That was the one I spent the most time in. The Camaro is sexy, the Mustang you just want to be inside of it.

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this