Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

What's The Most Embarrassing Exhaust Setup?

4 posts in this topic

What's The Most Embarrassing Exhaust Setup?

Loud pipes save lives, but ugly pipes mostly exist to make cars look ridiculous. Whether comically too large or comically too small, OEM or aftermarket, it's an unfortunate pox upon the world of automobiles. What's the most embarrassing exhaust setup?

High on the list for us is the Lexus LS. Specifically, the Lexus LS 600h L hybrid. The quasi-trapezoidal look is sort of ridiculous to begin with, and we loathe these types of finishers, which give the image of a giant, free-flowing exhaust but taper off into smaller, ovular exhausts.

link:

http://jalopnik.com/5644938/whats-the-most-embarrassing-exhaust-setup

The toyoyo tips shown don't bother me in the least.

My vote tho, goes to the years & years of BMW exhaust tips, back in the '80s-90s, when there were dual pipes coming out of one muffler, MADDENINGLY about 2" off of dead center. Lazy lazy lazy.

Those LS tips don't bother me at all, but the the people at Jalopnik are "Special"

Besides the usual fart cans, the two biggest offenders I can think of is the IS-F with its fake, stacked tips, and every 90's era Grand Prix I've ever seen with the squared dual exhaust. The tips are never level, one is always sagging.

Oh and cars with 2 exhaust cutouts but only one exhaust, like the V6 Chargers.

And this:

340x.jpg

Those LS tips don't bother me at all, but the the people at Jalopnik are "Special"

Besides the usual fart cans, the two biggest offenders I can think of is the IS-F with its fake, stacked tips, and every 90's era Grand Prix I've ever seen with the squared dual exhaust. The tips are never level, one is always sagging.

Oh and cars with 2 exhaust cutouts but only one exhaust, like the V6 Chargers.

Agreed in full!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this