Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Video: Katy Perry OK for VW, but too hot for 'Sesame Street'

6 posts in this topic

Video: Katy Perry OK for VW, but too hot for 'Sesame Street'

03:53 PM

Katy Perry -- Drive On's Favorite Auto Spokesperson this year -- may be OK to help roll out Volkswagen's new family sedan, the 2011 Jetta (Test Drive here), but apparently she is not OK to teach the kids in the back seat their ABCs and colors.

Sesame Street producer Sesame Workshop has decided not to air a segment with Perry -- playing "dress-up" with Elmo and singing a G-rated version of "Hot N Cold" -- after complaints from folks who saw the segment on the show's site. The Street recalled the video from its site -- but left it up elsewhwere.

We posted here to let you decide.

-- Fred Meier/Drive On

link:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2010/09/video-katy-perry-ok-for-vw-but-too-much-for-sesame-street/1

I'm certainly no prude, but those tits are on display and are way too prominent (especially when she's running) for this to be appropriate for small kids. Also, would it have killed her to have done a new song entirely, or picked a different one of her hits to make "G-Rated" than one that even with the new lyrics is just a wee bit suggestive to anyone over age 6?

I'm still trying to figure out how she made it this far in the first place. There's NO singing talent, accidentally caught her live on Fuse a couple of years ago and I don't think she hit a single note.

I'm still trying to figure out how she made it this far in the first place.

You know those tits Croc mentioned as being on display? She's pretty much riding those and the song about kissing another chick, and I applaud her for being able to sustain without real talent.

You know those tits Croc mentioned as being on display? She's pretty much riding those and the song about kissing another chick, and I applaud her for being able to sustain without real talent.

Agreed. She's pretty bad, and she's got a real bad case of the hipster disease: thinking she's quite the special little flower and EVERYONE ELSE needs to know just HOW SPECIAL her mommy told her she was.

Makes perfect sense for VW. They're the stereotypical "gay" car (I don't mean that condescendingly at all, it's just what it is) and she promotes the fact that she kisses girls. I completely understand why she can't land a spot on Sesame Street lol.

And no, she doesn't have talent. There are very few artists out there with talent these days, and 98% of them are not Top 40 singers.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this