Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

New Porsche SUV could be called Cajun

9 posts in this topic

New Porsche SUV could be called Cajun

Paul McVeigh

Automotive News Europe -- September 27, 2010 06:01 CET

Volkswagen AG CEO Martin Winterkorn said a new Porsche small SUV will be brought to market soon as part of plans to expand the sports car brand's lineup to boost sales.

Winterkorn said Porsche will get "a new SUV, a smaller brother to the Cayenne which might be named Cajun." He was speaking in an interview with German magazine Der Spiegel that will be published Monday.

Volkswagen is taking over Porsche Automobil Holding SE's carmaking operations as the companies build on a partnership that includes sharing vehicle platforms.

The Porsche Cayenne shares a platform with the VW Touareg and Audi Q7.

Winterkorn wants Porsche to expand its four-model lineup to double sales in the medium term to 150,000 cars and SUVs. Besides a small SUV based on the Audi Q5, Porsche could build a new small sports car.

German press reports have said Porsche could launch sales of the small SUV at the end of 2014 or early 2015.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100927/ANE/100929884/1317#ixzz10k57emQJ

Report: Porsche's baby Cayenne could be called "Cajun"

by Jonathon Ramsey (RSS feed) on Sep 27th 2010 at 10:02AM

The Porsche range spans thus: 911, Panamera, Cayenne, Cayman, Boxster. How would you feel about a Porsche Cajun being added to that? We haven't heard much lately about the long-rumored little SUV supposedly being planned in the Stuttgart product department, and the last time we did it was tentatively dubbed "Roxster."

However, in an interview with Germany's Der Spiegel, after Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn expounded on his views of the company and his tenure with it, he hinted that the sixth model in the Porsche line could be called the Cajun. Admittedly, we're a long way off from this vehicle becoming a reality, so we're probably quite a ways from knowing its name... but something called the Porsche Gumbo Cajun, even at this stage, is a bit unexpected. If that's the case, we'll hold out until we can get the inevitable Creole Turbo special edition. Thanks to everyone for the tips.

link:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/27/report-porsche-baby-cayenne-competitor-could-be-called-cajun/

Porsche needs to consult Wikipedia... the term 'Cajun' was something of an ethic slur. Sure, today, its used with pride by its people, but I would say this is too risky of a term.

• Downvote 1

PORSCHE SMALLER CAYENNE BACK ON, MAY BE NAMED 'CAJUN'

By Mark Kleis

Last time Porsche made any public comment about the possibility of a sub-Cayenne SUV, the word was that Porsche had canceled the project and instead was going to focus on sales of the Cayenne itself.

Well, with Volkswagen's ambitions to take over the world (in terms of sales, at least), the brand has apparently done a 180 and is now back on-track for producing a smaller SUV under the name of "Cajun," according to Volkswagen's CEO Dr. Martin Winterkorn via German Car Blog.

Winterkorn spilled the beans on the baby Cayenne during a recent interview in which he suggested Cajun was the most likely name for "an additional model...a little brother for the Cayenne." When the baby Cayenne was previously in the works many suggested it would be called the Roxster before its demise.

No further details regarding timing or product specifications were leaked by Winterkorn.

link:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/porsche-cajun.html

what do porsche and lindsay lohan have in common.

both are whores and both must be clouded up from all sorts of coke.

the well to do will buy anything with a money badge on it. will the cajun be an automatic only porsche?

Porsche needs to consult Wikipedia... the term 'Cajun' was something of an ethic slur. Sure, today, its used with pride by its people, but I would say this is too risky of a term.

Hmmmmm? Never heard of this. Cajun is definitely associated with Louisiana, Mardi Gras, crawfish boils, and jambalaya more than any negative, slur connotation.

I like the name. I don't see any problems with it.

Edited by Croc
  • Upvote 1

I think Cajun ties in nicely with Cayenne. Both are spicy.

It begins w/ 'C' and connotes spicy food, so it does fit w/ Cayenne...Habanero wouldn't have worked as well, I think.

Yup, and if they picked Jalapeño I think you'd get the new status symbol of the barrio!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this