Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

CALIFORNIA'S IN-VEHICLE CELL PHONE BAN TABLED BY GOVERNORS GROUP

4 posts in this topic

CALIFORNIA'S IN-VEHICLE CELL PHONE BAN TABLED BY GOVERNORS GROUP

By Drew Johnson

The Governors Highway Safety Association has announced it will table a proposal put forth by the state of California that seeks to ban all in-vehicle cell phone use. The GHSA heard California’s proposal over the weekend.

Members of the GHSA decided to suspend a vote on the measure until more information on the subject is available. California’s plan will be revisited at next year’s meeting, although it could be brought up earlier than that scheduled date.

"There's not the research and data outside to support that an overall ban would be effective. It's just too soon. We need to have more evidence that this kind of thing would work,” said Jonathan Adkins, a spokesman for GHSA.

If approved, the measure would ban in vehicle systems such as Ford’s Sync. The Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers – which represents the Detroit Three and Toyota – has spoken out against the measure, arguing systems like Sync actually help drivers focus more on the road.

link:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/californias-in-vehicle-cell-phone-ban-tabled-by-governors-group.html

Yeah it won't happen. Too much business is done while on the road. Just this week 4 out of the 7 business calls I made were all done while the other guy was driving. Hands-free, of course, but still on the road.

Yeah it won't happen. Too much business is done while on the road. Just this week 4 out of the 7 business calls I made were all done while the other guy was driving. Hands-free, of course, but still on the road.

I can't multitask to save my life...

I can't multitask to save my life...

Talking on a hands-free phone is no different than singing along to the radio or having a conversation with passengers in the rear seat. Do you make your passengers sit in silence so you can completely focus on the road?? Boo, don't wanna ride with you...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this