Sign in to follow this  
Camaroman22

2008 GTO

20 posts in this topic

A couple of tweaks:

1) get rid of the innermost pair of headlights.

2) make the foglights down below a little smaller.

3) the "beak" probably shouldn't protrude into the lower air intake.

4) something's not quite right about that beltline. (I dunno if the source pic is that way or not...it could be why I by and large didn't like the 1999 GTO Concept)

5) looks like you left one of the "strakes" on the driver's side of the front bumper.

All in all, I think you improved a lot on the source car, though.

i agree with z28...get the beak out of the lower intake... also...while the hood tach is a nice retro touch... i dont expect to ever see one again... so get rid of it... it also looks kind of strange... again agreein with z28...lose the innermost headlight... other than that maybe shorten the whole lower fascia portion... it looks too tall compared to the rest of the car... and then its good... nice idea... happy to see someone taking a shot at it... ill probably be drawing one sumtime soon anyway...

Edited by 04monteintimidator

You know what?

Honestly?

I love it. Extreme? yes. Radical? yes. Retro? yes. But it's pretty evokative of the originals and yet futuristic at the same time while being a herdtop. :D

Well, I'll just say that if you chopped out the triangle between the grills, I'd FINALLY like this concept.

haha as soon as i saw it i knew 68 would love it... it is a hardtop after all... speaking of which... 68 remember my panthera muscle car? im redoin it a bit and i think you'll like it when im done with it...

Well, I'll just say that if you chopped out the triangle between the grills, I'd FINALLY like this concept.

yeah, there were comments about that over at gmi as well. i thought it looked good, guess not :pbjtime: . Edited by Camaroman22

yeah, there were comments about that over at gmi as well.  i thought it looked good, guess not :pbjtime: .

It does, don't change it. People will soon get used to it...

It does, don't change it. People will soon get used to it...

I think he's talking about the original concept..

Hey Cman,...nice to see ya here. Did you do that from the '99 GTO pix from GM?

it is the same coloring, just wondering. I would post my version of a new GTO that I did, but would most likey get raked over the coals for it..LOL. I used the Camaro concept car (top veiw) as a base. It is "out there". I like yours alot, it is tough looking, & reminds me a bit of the older cars too. Nice work.

OH.WHAT THE HECK...here's mine just for fun;

Posted Image

I did in orange too as well as this Gold one !...LOL.It is not as good as yours at all but it is a bigger older style GTO thing. Your good.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

detroitmetal...thats actually not too bad.... only have two complaints... i can see you were goin for the 3 prong front end thing... which is cool... but the bottom of the fender looks warped... and also... GTO was never a fastback... that roofline is all wrong for a goat... widening the c pillar is fine but it shouldnt touch the back of the car... otherwise great idea

With some refinement, Mr Detroit Metal, that could be right on target.

04monteintimidator:

Yes indeed I dolove it, the update is an improvement too. :) Looking forward to seeing your concept. Will it be a Detomasso this time?

MRDETROITMETAL:

Great concept... there's a bit of Shelby Cobra Daytona in the tail/rear quarters. Not sure weather that works for a GTO but it's a cool look. :D

wow!,...YOU ALL just made my day !..my GTO pix is just a "draft" it's not a real finished thing just yet...but I loved the comments, very useful insights, THX. Cman, that update is awesome !..you took the hangnose off and tighted it up...wicked. I wil have to redo mine, not so blurred and yes, you are right, I did go for ther "face " look. I always thought those old GTO's were talk'in to me...I think they still are, LOL !

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this