Sign in to follow this  
Guest Josh

19Conservative Groups to Reinstate Boycott of Ford

43 posts in this topic

Guest Josh   
Guest Josh

Nineteen conservative groups said Monday they would reinstate a boycott of Ford Motor Co., contending the automaker reneged on an agreement to stop supporting gay rights organizations.

The groups set up a Web site urging supporters not to buy Ford vehicles after the automaker said last December it would continue running advertisements in gay publications. The American Family Association, which is leading this latest effort, had originally called for a boycott of Ford last year but suspended it for six months at the request of some Ford dealers.

"Ford has the right to financially support homosexual groups promoting homosexual marriage, but at the same time consumers have a right not to purchase automobiles made by Ford," said AFA Chairman Donald Wildmon in a statement.

Full Story: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n...L&type=business

ocnblu    733
The word that stands out the most for me in Don Wildmon's statement above is "consumers", like gay folk have no spending money. Hello? <_<

Hudson    16

If only there were a way to boycott Rev Donanld Wildmon....but wait! Nobody really pays attention to the AFA anyway! They wanted to boycott so many thing over the past three decades and their boycotts do nothing but help PROMOTE these things!

I've been on an anti-Wildmon march for many years. He's done one good thing in his role as the "moral leader" of the AFA: he was the inspiration for George Carlin's "Seven Words You Can't Say on TV."

johnnyb    0

Do these people seriously have any job other than telling people what to boycott? Pure lunacy...

I hope it goes as well as their Disney boycott, which had no affect...

Drew Dowdell    4,988

I'm willing to bet the number of gay people is greater then the number of AFA members.

Plus.... we're richer. We buy Volvos and Jaguars..... which is why those two brands are the brands Ford primarily advertises to gay people.

Flybrian    0

Plus.... we're richer. We buy Volvos and Jaguars..... which is why those two brands are the brands Ford primarily advertises to gay people.

Tell me you don't buy X-Types. That flies in the face of that good taste stereotype.

azulSKY    0

It's kinda funny, all the gay guys I know drive foreign cars, like a new Altima or Mazda 6. Then theres a few that drive domestics like, I have my Neon, and the others have a Ford Taurus and Contour SVT. I don't know any that drive GMs..... :blink:

mustang84    12

Hopefully this whole AFA stunt will help Ford sell more cars than ever just so they can laugh back at the AFA and their whiney, cry baby attitudes.

Variance    0

Did I wander into the San Francisco sub forum? Either there is a lot of sarcasm going on in this post or there is a new breed of car guys these days.

Does that mean you're siding with the AFA on this?

ocnblu    733
I understand that the DMV is givin' driver's licenses to the homos now. Gol dang it, they're gonna take over! I don't wanna be on the road with no homos, what if one pulls up next to me at a redlight and revs his motor? :AH-HA_wink: Edited by ocnblu

Satty    338

You know, neither Ford nor the AFA gave me an actual answer when I emailed them when this came up a few months ago. Ford sent a form email, thats it. This stuff is just retarded.

z28luvr01    170

I understand that the DMV is givin' driver's licenses to the homos now.  Gol dang it, they're gonna take over!  I don't wanna be on the road with no homos, what if one pulls up next to me at a redlight and revs his motor? :AH-HA_wink:

And think of your resale value. You could no longer say that only straight people have ever looked at your car.

</Simpsons reference>

zbad1    0

I understand that the DMV is givin' driver's licenses to the homos now.  Gol dang it, they're gonna take over!  I don't wanna be on the road with no homos, what if one pulls up next to me at a redlight and revs his motor? :AH-HA_wink:

If "homos" took over, this world wouldn't have to worry about racism, homophobia, wars, or conservatives in say, just two or three generations.

Drew Dowdell    4,988

Did I wander into the San Francisco sub forum? Either there is a lot of sarcasm going on in this post or there is a new breed of car guys these days.

Well, you're new here, but a while back we did a poll and about 25% of us are of "alternative" sexualities.

JazzyChef    0

I'm willing to bet the number of gay people is greater then the number of AFA members.

I'm gonna buy me a Ranger rover sport sometime in the future... i'm sure as h*** not gonna boycott ford. Keep the ads in the magazines, it gives me something to gawk at other than the hotties lol

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this