Sign in to follow this  
Arrowhead222

GTO

That is sweet. It has retro cues too. GM should use this and they would have a hit on their hands. Good job! Are you planning to do a front view and what software do you use? I have been looking around at software so I could do digital modeling too.

Nice work! I want to see more!

i really need a front view to pass any kind of judgement on it... but i will say that it looks pretty cool... digital modeling... thats gotta take lots of time

I like waht I see so far... front view can either make this perfect of ruin the whole thing. It's got an interesting take on the Retro-GTO look.

Thanks for the compliments, guys. This is an evolution of a design I have indeed posted on here before. I think I'm pretty much tired of working on it now, for better or worse.

For those interested in the 3-D aspect, do a search for Zanoza Z-Modeler. It's a tiny file, free, and really easy to use once you get the hang of it. For mapping I use another program called FCE Finish. They're both well documented in the Need For Speed community.

About the design--I was trying for something beyond retro that still retained the identity of a real Pontiac GTO, not some rehashed thing from...well, you know what I mean.

ooo i like it... but the front wheels seem to be ridiculously forward... like... theres at most a 2 inch front overhang... im not sure thats realistic... tho i could be wrong... but it also would probably look odd in a profile shot otherwise i like it... my GTO sketch is in development right now... its retro not too retro but still retro... and i think it may surprise a lot of people... its a little out of the oridnary as far as the retro GTO designs go...

That looks really good! I tried to model a car in NX3 before but it just took too long and was real hard, so i can imagine how much time this took! Great work!

ooo i like it... but the front wheels seem to be ridiculously forward... like... theres at most a 2 inch front overhang... im not sure thats realistic... tho i could be wrong...

Doesn't look any worse than this:

Posted Image

Nice rendering, man. I like it a lot.

-RBB

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook