• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
Arrowhead222

GTO

That is sweet. It has retro cues too. GM should use this and they would have a hit on their hands. Good job! Are you planning to do a front view and what software do you use? I have been looking around at software so I could do digital modeling too.

Nice work! I want to see more!

Guest YellowJacket894

That is great! Can't wait for a front view.

i really need a front view to pass any kind of judgement on it... but i will say that it looks pretty cool... digital modeling... thats gotta take lots of time

I like waht I see so far... front view can either make this perfect of ruin the whole thing. It's got an interesting take on the Retro-GTO look.

Thanks for the compliments, guys. This is an evolution of a design I have indeed posted on here before. I think I'm pretty much tired of working on it now, for better or worse.

For those interested in the 3-D aspect, do a search for Zanoza Z-Modeler. It's a tiny file, free, and really easy to use once you get the hang of it. For mapping I use another program called FCE Finish. They're both well documented in the Need For Speed community.

About the design--I was trying for something beyond retro that still retained the identity of a real Pontiac GTO, not some rehashed thing from...well, you know what I mean.

ooo i like it... but the front wheels seem to be ridiculously forward... like... theres at most a 2 inch front overhang... im not sure thats realistic... tho i could be wrong... but it also would probably look odd in a profile shot otherwise i like it... my GTO sketch is in development right now... its retro not too retro but still retro... and i think it may surprise a lot of people... its a little out of the oridnary as far as the retro GTO designs go...

That looks really good! I tried to model a car in NX3 before but it just took too long and was real hard, so i can imagine how much time this took! Great work!

ooo i like it... but the front wheels seem to be ridiculously forward... like... theres at most a 2 inch front overhang... im not sure thats realistic... tho i could be wrong...

Doesn't look any worse than this:

Posted Image

Nice rendering, man. I like it a lot.

-RBB

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.