Chris_Doane

From another article on the page:

Lexus Prevails for 48-Year Ford Dealer

A rare Ford dealer with a Lexus franchise is giving up the Ford franchise April 1 after a 48-year run in the tony New York City suburb of Greenwich, Connecticut. Peter Griffin, 75, and his twin brother, Bill, say they need more room for the fast-sprouting Lexus operation and are compelled to allocate the Ford building to Toyota's luxury brand.  Peter Griffin says the Ford store has lost $600,000 over the past two years as its annual sales have declined from more than 1000 vehicles to 400 vehicles last year. Lexus sales in 2005 reached the 2400 mark and the Lexus service department is so busy that it stays open until midnight. Griffin is treasurer and a co-founder of the 1700-member Ford Dealers Alliance, a post he now will give up. -Mac Gordon

Must be for voluntary service campiagns?? :lol:

Guest YellowJacket894

The front looks like a Land Rover Freelander or LR3, but boring.

And the point of the Tribute is...?

zzzzZZZZZZZzzZzZzZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzz

Ditto-bland-looks like the 2000 Nissan Xterra grille, but that had a bold design-the Escape has always had a bland, el-cheapo design, growing staler by the year, not quite Ranger/Crown Victoria/Econoline vein, but up there with the Freestar. How about something radical for a change? I drew an Escape recently resembling the 2003 Faction concept, thinking of the bold change (somewhat-interpret it as you will) of one of Escape's chief rivals, Toyota RAV4. I loved the Faction-based Escape I drew, but I picked the wrong color-but that's how I feel Ford needs to go because if you look at Focus sales, Escape will soon, if it hasn't already, fall, and it won't get any better, even if there's another gas crisis (i.e. 1975-79 Oldsmobile Omega).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook