Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

What if the G6 was rebadged...

Doesn't G5 essientially mean 5th generation Grand Am? .

No, that's just a theory. A mighty stupid one, at that. :D

Anyways, I bet it would have sold 10% better with the name Grand Am, rather than G6. It's well known, regardless of any image problems it may have. I think using G6 was just a desperate attempt to help it appeal to import buyers. Guess what... The car is more important than the name if you want that. Obviously they forgot that, as the G6 is somewhat mediocre... and bland. Actually, I don't think it deserves the name Grand Am... with that rental-car-bland styling and all... :P

No, that's just a theory. A mighty stupid one, at that. :D

Anyways, I bet it would have sold 10% better with the name Grand Am, rather than G6. It's well known, regardless of any image problems it may have. I think using G6 was just a desperate attempt to help it appeal to import buyers. Guess what... The car is more important than the name if you want that. Obviously they forgot that, as the G6 is somewhat mediocre... and bland. Actually, I don't think it deserves the name Grand Am... with that rental-car-bland styling and all... :P

Well at least it's not a plastic cladded Achieva like the 1995 Grand Am...

:scratchchin::pokeowned:

DON'T MAKE FUN OF THE G6!!! :lol::P

But seriously...

The G6 styling is much more cleaner than the previous Pontiacs. As I was saying before some of my friends actually think it looks good, who otherwise won't even look at domestics altogether.

I do agree it's (very) slightly lacking in character. But please no more cladded versions of platform-mates.

Edited by ToniCipriani

Well at least it's not a plastic cladded Achieva like the 1995 Grand Am...

DON'T MAKE FUN OF THE G6!!!

Technically, you're wrong. :D The only things shared with the Achieva on my GA are the doors, the chassis, and the mechanicals/etc. So... take that, you bland car driving fool who makes fun of non bland cars with inaccurate information! Huh! :lol::P

But seriously...

The G6 styling is much more cleaner than the previous Pontiacs. As I was saying before some of my friends actually think it looks good, who otherwise won't even look at domestics altogether.

I do agree it's (very) slightly lacking in character. But please no more cladded versions of platform-mates.

No one wants cladding back, including me. I just don't want bland...

Technically, you're wrong. :D The only things shared with the Achieva on my GA are the doors, the chassis, and the mechanicals/etc. So... take that, you bland car driving fool who makes fun of non bland cars with inaccurate information! Huh! :lol::P

That's even worse. Sharing so little parts, it still looks the same. :pokeowned: x2

:lol:

Edited by ToniCipriani

Oh... now, you've done it... :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now, what were you blabbering about? :lol::D

The formula is: Take the Grand Am, use an air-pump and blow up the ass. Run it into the wall and make it flatter. Strip the body cladding and use less offensive ones. Slap on some rockets. (No offense, Decka, if you are reading this :P)

That gen of N-bodies are one of the worse differentiated ones, runner-up from the 85-91.

Guest YellowJacket894

(Misunderstood post I replied to and part has been removed.)

There was a neat version of the Achevia out in -- what? -- 1992, I think. I can't remeber the name...was it something like ACR or ARC?

Oh, I feel something random coming on...

The name for the Olds version should have actually been Low Achevia if you ask me because it certainly wasn't a High Achevia.

:unsure::lol2::nono::duck:

Edited by YellowJacket894

The formula is: Take the Grand Am, use an air-pump and blow up the ass. Run it into the wall and make it flatter. Strip the body cladding and use less offensive ones. Slap on some rockets. (No offense, Decka, if you are reading this :P)

That gen of N-bodies are one of the worse differentiated ones, runner-up from the 85-91.

Styling has nothing to do with actual differences, you know. :P Technically, there's a similar level of differentiating to the Alero/Grand Am. Remember... only differences there were the doors, chassis, and mechanicals/etc. Uh-oh... :pokeowned::D

I'd be a very happy camper if Pontiac turned the G6 into a Grand Am. 8)

Yeah, 'cause the last Grand Ams were totally not rental car material.

Fly:

For a moderator or whatever you sure as hell do not come off as objective. I'm oppinionated as hell but I'm not held to a higher standard either. Why the constant ragging on cars like the Grand Am? $-per-$ and Lbs.-for-Lbs. it was a great car IMHO and I hate most things FWD-auto-only.

What's most perplexing to me about this is that You think that having a "1 of 65,606 Galaxy Silver Metallic Bonneville SSEi" is something special. :blink:

No offense just calling it like I see it.

Fly:

For a moderator or whatever you sure as hell do not come off as objective. I'm oppinionated as hell but I'm not held to a higher standard either. Why the constant ragging on cars like the Grand Am? $-per-$ and Lbs.-for-Lbs. it was a great car IMHO and I hate most things FWD-auto-only.

What's most perplexing to me about this is that You think that having a  "1 of 65,606 Galaxy Silver Metallic Bonneville SSEi" is something special. :blink:

No offense just calling it like I see it.

Sixty8,

Even though we've upgraded the forums, we've still kept alot of the old features, one of which being the Personal Messenger (or 'PM') feature, something you clearly aren't (and never were) too familiar with. The PM feature is accessed through this button Posted Image and is where you can levy your personal attacks and accusations against me. And what the hell is with you and constantly referencing my car? Are you that bankrupt? Jesus, you talk about them almost more than I do.

The name for the Olds version should have actually been Low Achevia if you ask me because it certainly wasn't a High Achevia.

LAME!!!!!! haha but anyway back to the main topic... i would love to see the G6 become the Grand Am... not only to bring the name back... but also to bring an end to this G(#) naming scheme... whats next? will the next-gen GTO be known as G10? please pontiac bring this ludicrous behavior to an end!!

My "warning level" has been at 100% for about 6 months now... so I try to tell it like I see it on the forums. NO sense in holding back when you guys are holding a grudge for some FWD-sux comment I made in Sept. or whatever. :wink:

My "warning level" has been at 100% for about 6 months now... so I try to tell it like I see it on the forums. NO sense in holding back when you guys are holding a grudge for some FWD-sux comment I made in Sept. or whatever. :wink:

Sixty8,

Even though we've upgraded the forums, we've still kept alot of the old features, one of which being the Personal Messenger (or 'PM') feature, something you clearly aren't (and never were) too familiar with. The PM feature is accessed through this button Posted Image and is where you can levy your personal attacks and accusations against me.