Sign in to follow this  
trinacriabob

Calling amateurs...and others

27 posts in this topic

trinacriabob    21

Gents... and the few ladies as well:

Sketch your FIRST car! Don't be bashful. Mine below doesn't have the shade/shadow effects; rather, it was a quick sketch I did in about 2 minutes with quick strokes and "false lines" to show somebody at work which model Cutlass Supreme I first "inherited."

Go ahead! Not a contest. Just fun.

Posted Image

Charger4U    0

oh ill post one.....i cant drwar for crap. It will be flat too.

mustang84    12

This is all I have for now. The actual drawing is about a month old and further along than in this pic...it's back at college so I can't finish it tonight, but if I remember right all I had left to do was the wheels. I'm hoping to get it finished soon.

1994 Lumina Euro, by the way...not my first car (my second), but my first was a '90 Euro so close enough.

Posted Image

ocnblu    733
Damn... you make a Lumina look sexy! :yes:

trinacriabob    21

Damn... you make a Lumina look sexy!  :yes:

Mustang, hardly an amateur! (Charcoal, right?) Your play on light/shadow really captures the texture of the hood and the detail of the grille.

empowah, it was whatever was laying around....either the smallest Sharpie or a Berol black roller tip. There's usually a couple of each either on my desk or in my briefcase.

Damn you, don't be coming here without contributing, Ocn... we want to see your "old school" Catalina! :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by trinacriabob

mustang84    12

(Charcoal, right?)

Actually, .5 mm Bic mechanical pencil and a lot of smudging with my finger. :P

Actually, .5 mm Bic mechanical pencil and a lot of smudging with my finger.  :P

Wicked work man. I am way past my 1st car drawing but...I still have it. I was 5 when I did it and it sucks, but it was a 3/4 view with perspective, my mom (bless her soul) saved it for me. Hey, a picture only amother could love right ? NO, I am not going to show it to you here, NO WAY.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

trinacriabob    21

NO, I am not going to show it to you here, NO WAY.

Aw, come on! Lots of leniency given for drawings when a child...just be sure you qualify it as such!

mustang84    12

Updated image...still gotta do those wheels and finish some shading. I don't know if I'm happy with the proportions...it looks a little more bubbly than in real life.

Posted Image

We need some more drawings in here! Even if it's a sketch on a napkin or something...upload it! :)

trinacriabob    21

We need some more drawings in here!  Even if it's a sketch on a napkin or something...upload it!  :)

Hell, yes. We SUPPOSEDLY have all these car aficionados who you KNOW tinker with the pen and paper crafting automobiles and they are not willing to step forward. What's up with that?

Flybrian    0

Lousy, but here's my first car, my current car, my Olds...

Posted Image

Those downward fender lines aren't supposed to be there, but meh.

Aw, come on!  Lots of leniency given for drawings when a child...just be sure you qualify it as such!

well, ah allright ten...not my 1st car drawing but one of my first better car drawings;

c.1972 Pontiac "SOLSTICE" ;

Posted Image

I was 18 when I did this...does that count ?

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

LoL here is my first sketch of my first car, which i still have. Im not going to say what it is... Im sure some of you older people may know though.

Posted Image

Edited by fuel_sipping

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this