Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

We Were Once Young...

Alright... So we have a thread for pictures of how we look currently... but what about when we were young? Nope, don't see it. Well... I thought I'd start a thread for this. :D

I love this pic... I look cute. :lol:^_^ Oh... and that's my cousin beside me. This was my aunt Cherry's wedding in 1997, I think. Also, I don't have any new pics of my cousin. Just thought I'd let you know... :P

Posted Image

I'll post more, I just have to find them.

Oh boy, I'm not sure if I will perticipate in this thread wiht a pic. I looked even goofier as a kid than I do now... :D

Yeah, and who wants to see a pic of a kid doing a burnout in a tricycle, anyway? :P

I have no pics of myself as a child, and no scanner at home. I might have to do some digging.

Posted Image

thats me sledding in deer lodge montana, for some reson i had blonde hair when i was young.

Posted Image

thats me sledding again with my twin sister.

i will post soem rerally young pics when i find em.

Me in 1985 with the keys to my grandpa's Grand Marquis

Posted Image

Me and my sister in 1988 on my Big Wheels bike...I would always burn out the front tire so much that it would wear holes in the plastic...damn FWD! :P

Posted Image

Sliding at age 5

Posted Image

I got my Power Wheels Jeep after I had ear surgery when I was 6 for being good. It was supposed to be for my sister and I, but I never let her drive it... :ohyeah:

Posted Image

Ocn, age 4, being a badass.

Look, an Aryan poster child! Is that Gramps behind you? Is that an adding machine or food? The horn-rimmed glasses are cool.

OK, I'll be brave. At neighbor's back yard in LA...probably 2 or 3 years old.

Posted Image

Talk about contrast as you grow up. All of us who are first cousins were blondish for about 5 years and then went to dark brown, almost black and we got more olive complected.

For contrast, this next one (this one is deliberately fuzzy because the Pix thread photo doesn't look that much like me so I don't care) was taken in Seattle after I got my first archi. license - so somewhere between 1998 and 2000. Big change in hair color and skin tone (must have just come back from a week in CA or FL...not usually that pigmented).

Posted Image

Let's see more baby pix.

Edited by trinacriabob

Please don't compare me anywhere near a Nazi. Thanks. :AH-HA_wink:

Yup, that's my grandfather. He's now 89, and a spry little guy. My last remaining grandparent. Not sure what's on the table there.

That Travelall (sp?) is badass.  So's the brown doggie.

The Travelall is a '65 and we had until about '79 or so. It was known as "The Beast". It had a clutch that could throw you all the way to the third seat, 4spd, and no power steering!

The doggie is "Big John".

Well, not necessarily "baby" pics, but "back in the day" pics, your original topic.

Alright, that's good, because I could only find the ebarrassing baby pics. :P

That's what I was thinkin.  Heck I thought this meant when we where in our teens.

Whatever "young" means to you. :P It's fine.

• 1 month later...

What a hoot -- to Walt's pictures!

That Monte Carlo - unmistakable as an MC because it was the only one of the opera window family to NOT do an armrest....notice no gap in the front bench where a single armrest would fit.

The get up - way cool - never owned a leather jacket, too warm where I hail from...but I did ultimately get a waist length black wool jacket when I moved to the Pac NW.

Three out of four pictures in winter...the deciduous trees have shed their leaves. That's why Dad yanked us out of Teaneck (9 miles w. of NYC) since he wanted to be back where there were palm trees.

What a hoot -- to Walt's pictures!

That Monte Carlo - unmistakable as an MC because it was the only one of the opera window family to NOT do an armrest....notice no gap in the front bench where a single armrest would fit.

*grins*

Course, I recognized it because of the dashboard and the shape ;). He he he

Man...seeing that pic makes me wish I had gotten my older 4 MCs out this weekend...ah, well ... time will come soon enough ;).

Great pics, Walt!

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

CD Showcase.8p-11p central.04/28/06, www.wrmn1410.com

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Nothing lasts forever" ... Guns N Roses ... 'November Rain'

Me and my sister in 1988 on my Big Wheels bike...I would always burn out the front tire so much that it would wear holes in the plastic...damn FWD!  :P

Posted Image

I always used to do that too! Just lean back and let 'er rip...everytime I did that, my dad would let out a sigh and say "that's my boy!"

I got my Power Wheels Jeep after I had ear surgery when I was 6 for being good.  It was supposed to be for my sister and I, but I never let her drive it...  :ohyeah:

Posted Image

And I always wanted one of those too, but my folks would ever get me one. I think I was probably too big by the time they came out. Damn. Edited by Turbojett