Car Spotting

LosAngeles

Sorry, Northie, I'd rather stick to the months..... Spotted the following to start the month: -50s four-door Ford Customline -Aston Martin, problably that Vanquish. -that new two-door Maserati, have no idea what it's called. -Mini with a Union Jack painted on the roof.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA, I saw some more GAs. :D One that was almost exactly like mine drived by a really hot chic. A few 96-98s too... A beautiful red coupe and a just as beautiful black coupe. I also saw a 3rd gen. It was red. Come to think about it, I saw a slightly older 3rd gen in white, too. Also, guess what else I saw... My 4th G6 in Brookville!!!!! Wow!!!!

You're at your 4th one? I see them in dozens everyday! I'm starting to treat them like any other cars on the road, i.e. not surprised seeing them. My (previous) boss told me he rented a Pontiac Grand Am and ended up in a G6. He owns a Saab 9-3 and he says the G6 drives really well. Edited by ToniCipriani

You're at your 4th one? I see them in dozens everyday! I'm starting to treat them like any other cars on the road, i.e. not surprised seeing them.

My (previous) boss told me he rented a Pontiac Grand Am and ended up in a G6. He owns a Saab 9-3 and he says the G6 drives really well.

[post="8214"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Shit my boss OWNS one. But I don't like that guy. And his is ugly.

The Late Show with: -a 65/66 full-size Pontiac hardtop -the first 06 Kia Rio (a white sedan driven by a chick, didn't look too bad) -2 Honda S2000s, one right behind the other -and an accident where a first-gen Dodge Stratus driven by some thuggish ruggish lezzie wedged up an old lady's Lexus ES330 from behind....going UPHILL!!

Our goofy secretary (the one that flirts with me bigtime, has a blue Cobalt sedan) ruined a young man's life yesterday, and she didn't even realize it. His yellow Cobalt coupe had been hit from behind. We had to replace the rear bumper cover and absorber and repair the rear body panel.

Anyhoo...

When he and his mom came in to pick it up last evening, she blurts out:

"I almost parked my blue Cobalt where yours is and told you that we decided to change color schemes for you because BLUE IS A BETTER COLOR FOR A BOY..."

The poor kid gets a funny look on his face and says "Yeah, we looked for a blue one, but every time we found one it was sold..."

This one statement will prolly make this kid hate his car forever now because this ditzy broad made a stupid comment. Doesn't she realize that guys, especially college freshmen, are very sensitive to having their manhood called into question with regards to their vehicle? And the kid's mom was standing there... she helped him buy the car. The mom prolly wanted to have a catfight with her right there in the waiting room.

I just wanted to smack my fellow employee right then and there and defend the kid, but I waited until they left, then I told her what's UP.

Um, oh yeah. I spotted a yellow '05 Cobalt LS 5 speed coupe that's prolly going to be for sale soon.
Edited by ocnblu

seen at least five HHR's, ive seen one maroon impala since they starting hitting the showroom floors, a few c6's most of them cnvrts, ummmm 5 or 6 gto's, saw my frist g6 coupe yesterday, hmmm.... oh yea i saw THE RED BULL MOBILE awhile back wow it was the coolest thing ever. They chopped a mini cooper and made the back a truck bed where they mounted a red bull can almost as big as the mini itself. lol i have no idea what made me remember that

Not 4th overall, but 4th in Brookville that isn't on the dealer's lot. They just aren't catching on here. I really think the name is why... As well as the fact that GAs are still being sold along side it. Confuses people. You here that GM? Yeah, you fucked up, you bastards.

[post="8222"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Our GA stock is long gone. Haven't seen them for a while. Most of them went to rental fleets I think.

Forgot to mention last night, saw an S2000 on a used car dealer in Waterloo. So close to going inside and taking it for a swing just for the sake of it. But I guess the guy knows I'm not going to buy it. Who wants an S2000 when there's a Solstice coming anyways?

do you list the cars you see hear that are of intrest becuse i coulndt tell you how many nice cars a saw in august but i'll tell you wut i saw sept, 1 2 GNX's 3 chargers 1 javaline 4 Impalas(06) 1 monte carlo (06) 2 06 vetes 1 Lambo Murcieono (or somthing) 1 Solstice 4 GTO's 1 05 GTO 2 Cobalt SS's 1 02 camaro ss 2 Classic Camaro's and a SEMI :P I see a lot of cars every day to the point if i see a classic i just glance and dont stare any more(isn't that pathitic)

Looked over a '40 Plymouth coupe, a '40 Dodge coupe and a phasmagoric '41 Cadillac coupe with a 390 underhood today. Caddy had a freakin' manual trans in it! Everytime I get close to these classics, new cars just look worse & worse and worse to me. There was a lexus GS parked near the '41: looked like dried vomit in comparison.

Saw an XLR today right as I was leaving my house to go to school. Today I was like 3 minutes later than usual (usually I barely get to school on time and have to speed a lot to get there). Maybe I should be extra late more often, they maybe I'd see the XLR more. :lol:

Spotted a car I haven't noticed in quite a while: The first-gen LH Chrysler New Yorker. I was thinking yesterday how I should post about cars that we all haven't seen in a loing time, inspired by that car, then on the afternoon drive, lo and behold....

See, I see random cars like that all the time, like a late-80s Mazda 626 and early-90s Chevy Corsica, both 5-door hatchbacks. Also, the worst '92 Toronado EVER. Weatherbeaten red with a misaligned decklid and hood and the CRT screen inside busted out for some reason.

Kept forgetting to mention how I saw a white Cougar (the last generation sports-coupe version) dropped with a chrome muffler and some three-piece (style) boy-racer wheels.....all I could think of (besides how clean and cool the car itself looked) was how inspiring a G6 coupe done the same way could be.

I saw a Dodge Magnum today. It said RT on the the tailgate, without the slash. And it had what looked like three portholes on the front fender, but they were stuck-on rhomboid chome bits. And I saw my first Lexus 400h on the road.

I went to the Lead East car show today; saw 1400 cars (anybody wanna see a listing??!! :lol:) of all makes & vintages... but nothing newer than 1972. {long blissful happy orgasmic sigh}
One thing new I hadn't ever seen elsewhere: '54 Eldorado, only 2150 built, can't be more than 40 left in the pristine condition this one was in.

-2nd generation Paseo (haven't seen one in a LONG time) -06 WRX STi (interesting front end) -early 80s BOF Park Avenue 2-dr. -kitted/dropped current-gen Altima (very beautiful looking, as I HATE stock Altimas)

Over the weekend, I saw an SSR. My third ever. I saw an 05 GTO parked next to a 5th gen Grand Am, too. Damn, they so similar in size. The GTO is bit longer though. I also saw a Prelude. Not the last one, but the one before it. And for LA, I saw so many GAs including a group of people with only 5th gens. There were like 8. It must have a GA club meet or something... I also saw lots of 4th gens, more than 5ths, actually. It's too bad the G6 will never be as popular as GAs...

i couldnt believe my eyes when i saw it but it was a dark blue RollRoyce Phantom and later the same day i saw a white bently continental GT...both were in San Fransisco :P also i corvette C6 near my house, black, with the T-tops out...where the hell is that "drool" smiley when you need it!!

I saw a couple of dream cars (for me at least) and one not-so-dream car. First was a Porsche 911. Not a new one, but one of the old 993 body style ones. It was dark blue. Gorgeous. Next up to bat was an '06 Malibu. It looked like an '06 Malibu. Finally there it was, a Volvo P1800, the wagony one, not the coupy one. I've seen it a couple of times here and there, it is kind of blueish-greenish and I want to gank it. Can you tell which one of those three isn't a dream car?

My new job is down the street from a Mercedes dealership, so I was cut off by a brand-new R-Class taking a test drive or something. I guess it was the complementary Benz Asshole Driver Training or something. The vehicle itself looks quite ungainly on the road.

The Today show: -Some nondescript early 60s intermediate convertible shot down La Cienega. I'll be back and find out what it was. -68 AMX (and it was beat too!!) -73 or something Delta 88 Royale 4-dr. -55 Chevy wagon

I saw my first H3... A guy that lives up the road from my grandparents replaced one of his H2s with it. I think it was American flag one... Yes, the entire thing was stars and stripes. Thank god he got rid of it...

I also saw my first DTS. Better looking than the Deville, but that's not saying much, IMO.

Finally, for LA, I saw a nice 96-98 GAGT. It was black and had a custom exhaust that sounded totally sweet. It also had dark tinted windows, front and rear blacked-out lights, and some nice aftermarket black rims that looked excellent on it. The entire thing was evil-looking... Just my style.

I saw another GA, too. It was one like mine, but an SE in a purple/flat black/rust paint scheme with 4 different wheels, one being like mine. It also had red-taped taillights...

Weird occurance today:

I stopped by Publix to get my dinner sub that I'm enjoying now, and I see a diamond white '97-99 Aurora, so I park next to it. When I come out about 15min later, I find next to me another Classic - this one, crimson - and as I pull out, another car is waiting to take my space. What is it you ask? A 2nd-gen Aurora 4.0.

Freaky.