Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Car Spotting

LosAngeles

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got thru seeing three cars we named off in the "may never see again" post: -the "box Fox" T-bird -1st gen Celica GT fastback -M-body Chrysler coupe (LeBaron, maybe, I have no idea)

Last night: -Ferrari 512TR Today, so far: -2 CTS V-series -66 Fairlane convertible -62 Buick coupe -yellow Pantera with front and rear spoilers -Mercedes coupe, forget what it's called, but it clearly preceded the CE. -Karmann Ghia -the first 06 Passat among other stuff I can't remember right now.

Saw 2 HHRs while waiting to get my Cobalt serviced. One silver and one black. What a cool little thing the HHR is in person. The inside is very nice. Here are a couple of (bad) pics from my camera phone.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Also saw a '06 Cobalt SS (2.4L) in black in the parking lot. The look and the stance on that car is perfect. If only one could get that appearance with the supercharged engine.

Well, last night, I went dealer hopping again. I took pics, but I am having trouble downloading them. So I'll post them once/if I can... Anyways, I saw: -More 06 TBs (still looks good and still looks half-assed) -Two more HHRs (I love this thing... its so cool looking) -More new Chargers (sorry... I'm starting to like them) Another thing I saw was that Grand Am like mine. It isn't exactly the same as it has the rear windows tinted and doesn't have the window ventshades. Otherwise it is exactly the same... green GT coupe, Quad4, 5spd, GAGT windshield sticker. Damn... It was in alot better condition, though. I didn't hear any tick, the paint was perfect, and the wheels were un-stained and un-corroded.

Saw a camoed sedan... think it's the next-gen Camry. It's the same size, has Toyota-styling characteristics, and the same rear door cut-out. Isn't the new Camry going to be based on the current platform? I saw it in the hilly, twisty roads of Palos Verdes, which makes sense because their headquarters are in Torrance, CA.

What I can remember from today: -Cobra SVT -Ford LTD 2-door with opera windows -Chevy and Ford classic trucks (don't know the years, but see similar stuff all the time) -Viper GTS So much more, but if you don't lock it in your brain, that's all she wrote.

New stuff, plus those I forgot from the month: -90s Cadillac Brougham -early 70s Buick Electra 225 -AMC Matador sedan -58 Ranchero -S-Type with a vinyl roof (why people do this when cars of today aren't conducive to it is beyond me) -and an old 60s S-Type

I was a wee pup when those were all over the place, plus they were basically all the same to me, so I was never able to pick apart the years of them very well... Anyway, the newest sightings: -2nd Mini convertible -another VW Phaeton (I have a feeling the upcoming Bentley Flying Spur based on it will outsell it in this city) -59 Ford 4-door -56 Lincoln 2-door -66 Ford Galaxie 500 2-door -64 Dart 2-door -customized Squareback As usual, so much, it's hard to remember. Gotta note the current and previous generation A8s from three frickin' days ago. Edited by LosAngeles

Well, I saw my first HHR on the road... So that's good. It was a blue LT. Mmm... I also got up close and personal with the loaded purple LT at the dealer. The interior is nice. Roomy (for me), but not overly big. Looks really nice. I also got to witness a PT Cruiser owner check it out... Interesting. She loved it. Said "it's much nicer" and "there's more room in the back". Her husband couldn't stop saying how it's the same thing as the PT. What an idiot. Oh... I almost forgot... The goddamn plastics were hard and felt cheap. It absolutely sucks now... Ugh! :rolleyes: :P j/k I also saw the new PT again. I need to take some pics to show how mediocre it is in comparision. I saw the new Ram, too. The front looks good. Better than expected. Same with the interior. However, those headlights are huge!