Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Cars You'd Like To Own...

Guest YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

To start, this is probably a "been there, done that" thread, but I really don't much care.

The question is simple: What car do you forsee or would like to see in your future, new or used. And what might come -- such as the up and coming Camaro -- does not count. It must already be setting on a car lot somewhere.

Here's what I'm seeing in or considering to make a part of my future (which more than likely translates to late summer or late fall).

1998 Chevrolet Camaro with about 70,000 to 90,000 miles for around $6,000 to $9,000, Black or Silver.

Posted Image

Or...

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado for $2,500 to $8,500, "High Toned Son of a Bitch", Black Only

Posted Image

And I won't rule out...

1970 Chevrolet Chevelle

Any F-Body

Edited by YellowJacket894

If I could do the looking into the future thing, it would be the 2008 CTS. But more immediately, I may be trading in the Silverado soon for something smaller, and unfortunately the Colorado doesn't cut it, so it would be something non-GM.

I would like to own:

- Lexus IS350

- Benz E55 (know it's a POS but it is hot)

- 300/Magnum/Charger SRT8

- Linoln Zephyr

- Last-gen GTO

- Sky

- Last-gen Aurora (Fly, I hope I spelled that right; I'm tired)

- Last-gen Bonneville GXP

- 2007 Tahoe LTZ

I will be replacing the Regal because...well...it's time.

I have some personal things going on and don't want to fuss with a new car until about mid May 2007. I would order in March. That's only, 13.5 months from now...not out of line. Sure wouldn't want any major repairs in the interim, so I am babying it. Now, if there was both a discount AND a "kick-up" on the GM Card redemption, from my $ 2,235 to about $ 3,000, I would jump sooner, possibly keeping it in one of my Mom's garage "bays" up north. The car will be either a LaCrosse or a Grand Prix....the more I look around, the more I come back to these.

I do think about getting a mint condition, low mileage 1998 or 1999 Intrigue to putz around in as a second car but I doubt I will. I've found the multiple car thing to be more trouble than it's worth, but that's just me!

Edited by trinacriabob

Hmmm....

'87 MC SS Aerocoupe

1975 Chevrolet Caprice convertible

'87ish Chevrolet Caprice

'80s Cutlass Supreme

'80s Buick Riviera

'06 Dodge Charger

'06 Pontiac GTO

...and I'm sure there are others...he he he.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Why can't that be me?" ... 3 Doors Down ... 'If I Could Be Like That'

I have to be realistic since I'm only 21 and won't be able to afford anything new for years, so here's what I've been eyeing for my next car:

Older...

1984-1992 Lincoln Mark VII

Posted Image

1985-1993 Mustang GT

Posted ImagePosted Image

Any 1981-1988 G-body

Posted Image

Newer...

2001-2004ish Lincoln LS (whatever is below $8000)

Posted Image

Late 90s Cadillac Seville STS

Posted Image

1993-1997 Ford Thunderbird SC / Mercury Cougar XR-7

Posted ImagePosted Image

Well, once my current fleet has been sold, all bets are off. Most likely, the next purchase will be a classic wagon(preferably a Chevelle). A classic El camino is always a possibilty, but who knows what might cross my path. A little later on, I am certain at least one zeta-based vehicle will find its way to my driveway.

I'm thinking about a 91 LSC too. I had a 91 T-bird that I bought when it was two years old. That was a pretty good car. And I would like to get something that my wife can drive so I can give my Regal a break a few days a week. Shes too small to drive my 98. For a brand new car it going to be a Chrysler LX V8 car though.

A classic El camino is always a possibilty

For as long as i can remember, my dream car has been a 1969 El Camino. I want it to be all black with limo tint all around. Then i will promptly drop in a 454 with a big ol blower. I also want some american racing wheels wrapped in some fat rubber and the exhaust coming out the back (not the side like some caminos have).

98+ Intrigue

Right now the Intrigue is highest on the list due to cost/features for the dollar and with the 3800 they would be VERY reliable.

I share your sentiment. This is a car I practically INHALE. However, if you go that route, check out the intake manifold issue ahead of time. That's what I was told by a GM service advisor within the last 2 months. I am sure it didn't affect or will affect every car, but there is a propensity. Good luck with this!

1959 Buick (pretty much anything hardto, running & driving will be perfect)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cadillac CTS-V in the next decade the chances of me having one of these bad boys for a daily driver are about as high as the chances that Ted Kennedy will drink too much and grab some young girls a$$. In other words: very likely.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Although I'm going to sell my beloved 1968 Camaro so that I can afford a decent '59 Buick at some point in my life I MUST own a 1969 Camaro wiht a nice big-block V8 and 4-speed. It HAS to happen. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

being realistic... by the time im ready for a new car ill be a year or two out of college (like 2010-11)... and ill probably be lookin at an 05 goat... if im allowed to dream... id be buying the 69 L71 vette off this guy who runs a gas station near my house...

Next old car: 1971/1972 Buick Riviera GS OR 1968 Buick Electra 225 convertible

Next new car: 2005 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Bright White Diamond over Taupe)

Next interesting sidestep car: 1982/1983 Buick Electra long door hearse

Well, I am hopeless. I want a new vehicle, but I cannot decide what I want. I am terrible for vacillating between car and truck throughout my vehicle buying life... right now, my list includes (all '06 vehicles):

Silverado 2WD shortbed regular cab LT in Blue Granite

Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 5 speed in white or gray

G6 GTP coupe 6 speed in Emerald Green or Stealth Gray

Caliber R/T 5 speed in medium blue, dark blue or white

HHR 2LT 5 speed with polished rims in white or dark silver

GTI 6 speed in white

Charger SE in dark blue, gray or white

...and who knows how long this list will stand... :rolleyes::)

Edited by ocnblu

Guest YellowJacket894

Dude, whoever owned that Camaro last was retarded. Did you see those rims and the spoiler?! Blech.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah. They are ugly blemishes on a great car. But that photo is basically there for illustrative purposes only.

Anyone want to guess where the quote "High Toned Son of a Bitch" came from? :D

Naw, there's no place for a Vtec sticker :P

Thinking a couple of years out when my Cobalt is paid off, I hope I'm in the financial position to add to my stable, rather than replace. If so, I have these in my crosshairs:

Not necessarily the 50th anniv., but any gently used C5 convertible:

Posted Image

C6s are holding their resale value very well, and 'verts will probably be out of my reach when I'm ready

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and of course:

Posted Image

Well, my dream is to get a Solstice as my second (weekend) car, manual everything from transmission to windows. Preferably if they make one, a GXP with nothing, just a CD player and all performance options.

But that comes after the house and a well paid and secure job.

And that comes after graduation.

And I'll probably swap my G6 with another G6 with a manual.

Edited by ToniCipriani

I'm not a Chrysler or VW fan at all, but the two current cars that have me smitten are the Dodge Caliber and VW EOS. I tend to get infatuated with newly introduced cars and then quickly lose interest. If I bought all the cars I have a lot of initial interest in, I'd have an HHR, GTO, C6, and RX-8. But now I'm still truck shopping, and I may be getting something built in Tennessee.

bobo, I'm the same way with new car infatuation. If were were partners, we'd definitely need some help, because neither of us could say "no" to the next new toy.

Sounds like bobo is going to be exploring new Frontiers soon... :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by ocnblu

Posted Image

One of our patients has one of these in black. It has crazy HP. I think it looks kinda goofy, however eyecatching.

(I'll do without a VTEC sticker with those two V8s sitting side-by-side one another)

Edited by lauren

Well, my dream is to get a Solstice as my second (weekend) car, manual everything from transmission to windows. Preferably if they make one, a GXP with nothing, just a CD player and all performance options.

But that comes after the house and a well paid and secure job.

And that comes after graduation.

And I'll probably swap my G6 with another G6 with a manual.

Actually I want to change my answer slightly. I'll get an off-lease Solstice, then do a Mallett V8 conversion, if they still have it.

If not I'll stick to my original plan :P.

Posted Image

Your taste in exotics is MUCH better than your taste in Targas. :wink:

Your taste in exotics is MUCH better than your taste in Targas. :wink:

hahaha awwww i heart my sol :)

If I was able to muster up the 1.7 mil that that "exotic" cost...I'd still keep my little Honda.

Speaking of taste in exotics...Am I the only person who is completely smitten with Lotus?

Hey, Lauren, do you speak with a TWANG?

I mean, since you moved NORTH....to the SOUTH?

lol, yeah I know, I love that...but everyone knows that Floridians have no accent (and before you go nuts talking about Gainesville or the Panhandle, please note that that is GEORGIA)

I really don't know what I want anymore...I mean, my choice is somewhere between a car that's already been built, and a car yet to be.

Wow, that sure narrows things, hmm?

I'm one of those guys who would love to drive what ever for how ever long. If it's a completely pointless and impractical car, I'd drive it for a year and move on to the next flavour of the week. If it's a practical and necessary vehicle, I'd probably sign myself up to a GMT-900 4x4 pickup (one that really likes the back roads). That's the kind of vehicle I could own for a long-long time and enjoy it each time I drove it.

Know how I said a BMW 325 coupe or sedan? Well... a 318ti wouldn't be all that bad, would it? Honestly, I'm asking. There's one for sale in Brookville. It's green, has a tan int, manual tranny, and a moonroof. It's monotone, too... no ugly gray ground effects or black bumpers that I always see of 3ers. I don't know the price of it... but I'm going to find out. If it's low enough and if I think I can deal with a 318ti, I'm going to try my hardest to get money. I might even go to my grandpa to see if he'd loan me some money (he... has a nice retirement plan :lol: ). He's my best bet, if my parent's can't or won't get a loan. But... what do you all think of 318s? :D Bad? Decent? Good enough? It's still a BMW and still RWD... and still would have a manual... :P

there good cars BV.

But BMW owners have been brainwashed by BMW to think that a Normal car can cost $35,000 dollars than what it should.

what im saying is I cannot justify paying that much for a Car to me that is just as good as a Caddy.

It will be more expensive to get parts for unlike your GA. But will be more comfy, and be more sportier and a little worse on gas. but I have lost all hope in trying to figure you out.... so.. Go do somthing. Look at it buy it brag about it.. Pay more than what it is worth whatever. I have drawn the conclusion that you are hopeless BV.

Thank you. Hopeless, indeed. :D

Still, I'm not going to overpay for it. I know my limits and I know when someone is out of touch with reality. As far as parts go... You know, I really don't care. If it isn't as reliable as I'd hope it'd be, I'll just get rid of the damn thing. :lol::P Isn't that what I'm doing with the GA? Well, was? Or... will be? Oh hell... IDK about that GA anymore. It's not fixed yet and it isn't looking good. As I feared, a headgasket might not be all that's wrong with the damn thing. Still not sure though... haven't gotten far enough to determine that yet. Maybe this weekend (damn lazy ass dad... almost as much so as me)...