Sign in to follow this  
NewsFeeder

SEMA Preview: Chrysler goes hog wild [w/video]

Filed under: Aftermarket, Concept Cars, SEMA Show, Coupe, Sedan, Performance, Hatchback, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat

2011 Dodge Challenger 392
2011 Dodge Challenger 392 - Click above for high-res image gallery

Chrysler has big plans for this year's SEMA show. The company has worked up a muscle-bound pack of special edition models and concepts slated to be unveiled in Las Vegas. In a live webchat this morning, Ralph Guiles and Pietro Gorlier announced that Dodge and Mopar will be pulling the sheets off of the new Challenger 392, complete with a 6.4-liter V8 with 470 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque. In addition, quarter-mile fans can get excited about the new Challenger Drag Pak V10. The car will come with all the goodies you'll need to dominate the strip, including a V10 borrowed from the mighty Dodge Viper, a two-speed transmission, roll cage, fuel cell and unique gauge cluster. Even better, both Challengers are production models.

Of course, what would SEMA be without a few wild concepts thrown into the mix? In that vein, Chrysler will roll out the 2011 Red Line Dodge Charger. The car will feature massive 22-inch wheels and a number of unique body treatments geared toward giving the redesigned sedan even more attitude. The company will also show off a different take on the new Durango called the Black and Tan. The truck features a custom interior and wheel package designed to be the most luxurious Durango out there.

Finally, Fiat is getting a taste of Mopar love with a new 500 concept. The pint-sized Italian will wear flared fenders, 18-inch wheels and special interior treatments designed with a sporty flare.

Chrysler says that it will have a total of 35 vehicles on hand for this year's SEMA show. Hit the jump to take a look at a quick video detailing some of the stars of the company's show fleet as well as a full press blast.

[source: Chrysler]

Continue reading SEMA Preview: Chrysler goes hog wild [w/video]

SEMA Preview: Chrysler goes hog wild [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 25 Oct 2010 09:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=mSA5I_DKHOA:94yA3neHYMU:wF9xT autoblog?i=mSA5I_DKHOA:94yA3neHYMU:V_sGL
mSA5I_DKHOA

View the full article

The Charger's wheels are a couple inches big for my taste (but the design is great), and the paint and body color grill look terrific. But best of all I see a clutch pedal and a pistol grip shifter! Build it!

Also I really like the Challenger's blue paint with white stripes.

Love the Charger Ion RedLine and that 392 Challenger!