How often have you got drunk?

Here's the story of my first and last drunk. I found out that coincedentally the keys to the back door to my parents house fit the front dor to my friend's beach house. One weekend, we made up a sleepover at each other's houses and drove to the beach. We weren't going to do anything, just hang out and be teenagers. Well, there was a full bottle of Laphroig single-malt scotch in the otherwise denuded bar. Needless to say, we mixed ourselves a cocktail. Then another. Then another. And then another. The last thing I remember of that night was going for a dip in the Atlantic. In Connecticut. In early March.

Both of us woke the next morning, looking like the not-so-newly dead, with small angry men in stillettoes tap dancing on our heads, feeling like puking up our internal organs and looking at each other, hoping to GAWD that the other one would step up to the plate and drive the couple hours to Massachusetts and home.

I usually stick to a two drink max now.

Oh my... I'm been drunk a good amount of times. :P Not all the time, just every once in a while, but when I drink, I don't stop unless the supply of alcohol stops. Is that a bad thing? Possibly... lots of people in a family are alcoholics. I must have that nice gene. But yeah... I get drunk a few times per year. Usually at the occasional party and on holidays and such. First drank on New Years of... 2003, I think. Yeah, that sounds about right. Since, I've been at all levels of consumption (..did I spell that right? Jeez...): a few for the taste, just enough to feel good, enough for me not to be shy, enough to really feel it, so much as to be barely mobile, too much where I'm puking, immobile, and not remembering anything in morning... while dealing with a massive hangover, putting me out for a few days. :D I enjoy it, though. It's fun. Super fun.

No, it still happens.  People have just gotten smarter about it, especially with the proliferation of nanny organizations like MADD and increased legal penalties.  The partying happens, just more quietly so the neighbors don't call the cops.

I suppose, but the stories my family tells and shows pics of were... well, I know just about everything that goes on around here and it's a total bore-fest compared to back then. They say it, I see it, we all realize it. Partying and all of that is down and not as wild here.

The last thing I remember of that night was going for a dip in the Atlantic.  In Connecticut.  In early March.

Night time swims + New England coastline = first 20 minutes of "Jaws."

I think you were probably so "anesthesized" that you wouldn't have felt anything anyway.

I'm not so sure about that. The top picture looks more like an A-cup while the bottom one is definitely a B-cup, though the heavy coat seems to be impeading my view on the top picture. I will have to use some extreme close-ups and several hours of study as well as cross-referencing both pictures in my large library of breasts to provide a more definitive answer.

I wish I was the second one. Alas, I am not nearly that hot. But thanks for thinking so! hahaha...

I have a few pics of me on my website

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/laurenbansemer/index.html

Under the Day Trips section.

(ps- I am a B :P )

I drink pretty regularly and it's obviously known. Like O.C. I'll have some sort of drink whether it be at dinner or just after a hard days work.

As far as getting completely hammered, not too often. Last time I had a total "meltdown" from drinking would be New Years.

You were pretty trashed the night before we were at the Camaro debut.

"drunk" is a pretty subjective term.  how many nights have i drank alcohol?  maybe 100-150 in the past year.  how many nights have i been obviously drunk?  maybe 50-70 times.  less frequently lately, though.

Well the title says "got drunk", so specifically I'm talking about drinking to hangovers.

legally drunk (0.08% blood concentration) at times, depending on my tolerance, has little effect, and produces no hangover.

on the other hand, i've puked from alcohol consumption exactly once, after twelve shots of goldschlager (87-proof), and a few shots of tequila (2-3, one was out of a doubleshot glass with some red bull, tasted like gasoline).

i didn't have a hangover that day, although i did drive into work drunk (it was on a wednesday night).

there's nothing special about it... a bunch of alcohol with a horrible flavor (IMO). there's a myth that certain drinks yield various different 'types' of drunkenness, but unless it's something special like real absinthe or it's been mickeyed, it's all the same active drug (ethanol) and various flavorings.

not addressing anything in particular here, but my friends do that and it's annoying. "oh it was definitely a jager night", NO YOU WERE JUST DRUNK AND DUMB AND I WISH I WAS THERE :P

there's nothing special about it...  a bunch of alcohol with a horrible flavor (IMO).  there's a myth that certain drinks yield various different 'types' of drunkenness, but unless it's something special like real absinthe or it's been mickeyed, it's all the same active drug (ethanol) and various flavorings.

not addressing anything in particular here, but my friends do that and it's annoying.  "oh it was definitely a jager night", NO YOU WERE JUST DRUNK AND DUMB AND I WISH I WAS THERE  :P

Thank you. There are so many dumb myths about alcohol. It's so annoying. And no one is "immune" from drinking, the same way that no one is immune to drinking bleach.

I've never had a hangover either, but that's because I'm young. Young people don't get hangovers as often.

Also, when you puke, you're a lot less likely to get a hangover because puking gets rid of a lot of the poison you've ingested. So if you wanna run your risk of hangover a lot lower, make yourself puke before you go to bed.

I've bartended quite a bit and you're absolutely right about there being no difference in different kinds of "drunk". It's just that everyone is different and some people are really mean and some people are really nice, or slutty, or whatever it is.

However, how much you drink can change you more. There's a lot of proof in tequila, like gin, and that gets you drunk faster, not "differently".

Treat alcohol like a poison, that's how it treats you.

Oh... Tequilla rocks. :D

I love tequila...my buds and I had several bottles of different tequilas and we were sampling them all night long...we had some good $h! too.

I casually drink on occasion (not lately as I am trying to watch my girlish figure :AH-HA_wink: ) but usually when I drink, I atleast get tipsy...I have to consume a lot of alcohol for me to get really drunk. I've been completely $h!faced a few times.

My first drinking experiene was a while ago...back then I was on these depression meds (which clearly you aren't supposed to mix with alcohol, but I wasn't thinking), and I ended up downing half a bottle of absolut vodka, I think 2 shots of some parrot bay, and then 3 shots of 151. Then, as my buds and I went out and walked around the neighborhood I ended up smoking 3 cigars...I was feelin pretty good actually. When we got back in the house I was sitting on my friend's bed, my head tilted downward and everything just started to flow back out...couldn't even feel it. I think I threw up about 14 times that night...probably didn't help that I didn't eat anything before hand...

One of my latest ones was when I was at a friends house playing darts (cricket). If we missed or something like that we had to take a shot of tequila (and then one shot if we lost). When we started playing I was already on my 4th beer or so. Let's just say I sucked very badly. I ended up having atleast 10 shots in the course of that game...I guess my friend and I were horsing around in the street and he hit me across the face and nearly broke my nose with his shoe, then I tripped over myself a couple times I think, and my friends told me I was break dancing, then I passed out in the middle of the street for about an hour. My friends were getting ready to sleep so they decided to bring me in. My friend who brought me in already had his spot set up on the couch, and I guess when I walked in I just ganked it from him and passed out again...I wa deffinitely laughing about it in the morning (or rather, the afternoon)...

As far as hangovers go, I don't really get them all that badly though.