• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
A Horse With No Name

I always liked the front end styling on these...

Neat old ford land yacht...with a big block!

...and a sixteen second quarter mile is pretty impressive for a 4300 pound car on bias ply tires

...and the braking tests...interesting with the amount of tire smoke.

Watch the body roll in the cornering, esp. the high speed cornering...neat!

Love the executive attitude of this car... and I can see it in the new Tore Ass. Cool.

The LTD was once as common as Camrys are today. I can't help but think of cop shows from the 70s when I look at one - Ford seemed to provide the vehicles for every show.

What amazes me is how few of these (and even fewer Torinos) seem to have survived when they once were ubiquitous on American roads.

Edited by Camino LS6

The LTD was once as common as Camrys are today. I can't help but think of cop shows from the 70s when I look at one - Ford seemed to provide the vehicles for every show.

What amazes me is how few of these (and even fewer Torinos) seem to have survived when they once were ubiquitous on Amertican roads.

Yeah...and the 1970 ford Torino was a good looking car..same kind of hide a way head light thing going...always kind of liked the Ranchero version of that as well...

It's a testimony to GM that so much of their stuff has survived to this day...

I love those cars, esp. the '69-72 LTDs, Galaxies and Customs. Having grown up watching a lot of '70s cop movies and tv shows, I saw these on TV all the time...and remember when there were still plenty on the road. Fascinating to look back 40 years when your typical family sedan was so huge. I love the big Ford styling of that period, even the later '73-78 models w/ the park bench bumpers.

What amazes me is how few of these (and even fewer Torinos) seem to have survived when they once were ubiquitous on American roads.

So many succoumbed to rust and demo derbys, no doubt. I remember the big Fords in particular were serious rusters in Ohio..esp. the '73-78 models.

The '69 with the hidden lamps is pretty slick for a period FoMoCo, but their big stuff gets to be a real downer when those 'park bench' :D bumpers showed up.

The '69 is among the last truly aspirational Big Fords... ever since.

The '69 with the hidden lamps is pretty slick for a period FoMoCo, but their big stuff gets to be a real downer when those 'park bench' :D bumpers showed up.

The '69 is among the last truly aspirational Big Fords... ever since.

True...but I like the styling of even the 70's LTD's better than today's Camries.

True...but I like the styling of even the 70's LTD's better than today's Camries.

I like the styling of any '70s full size more than today's generics..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I like the styling of any '70s full size more than today's generics..

AMEN!!!!!

:)

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* 06/2011.RT=us66+NW USA*

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"He believes the world went straight to ... when Brooklyn lost the Dodgers" ... Mike Reid & Ronnie Milsap ... 'Old Folks'

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.