Nude model or groping victim?

CSpec

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNixDlRoMvA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNixDlRoMvA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNixDlRoMvA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

More!

India Thursday termed as "unacceptable" the "pat down" search Indian ambassador Meera Shankar was subjected to in the US, the second time in three months, and said it will take up the issue. Washington however, asserted that diplomats were not exempt from the searches even as it expressed regret and agreed to look into the incident.

"The way they pat them down - it was so humiliating," said Tan Tsai, a research associate at MSU's International Security Studies Center who witnessed the screening. "Anybody who passed by could see it."

Mississippi Lieutenant Governor Phil Bryant, who had met Shankar during her visit to the state, said that they regretted the "outrageous" way she was treated.

Of course it's only outrageous when it's someone important.

Today's Washington Post:

Metro transit police announced this afternoon that they will, within a few days, begin conducting random inspections of carry-on items on the Metro system as a security measure.

Metro said the inspections will take "only minutes" and that police will check bags and packages for "hazardous materials."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You know I went through one of those scanners at Sky Harbor on Jan. 3 and for an hour after my arms face etc... became flushed and very red; almost as if I had some sort of reaction to the scan.

You weren't just em-bare-assed by what they saw?

• 3 months later...

as an xray technologist i must say i worry about the radiation doses that frequent flyers may accumilate. they say oh its not much but uh who exactly inspects those machines and makes sure they are correctly calibrated? who does the quality assurance on them? we do it on our equipment once a week and have a physicist check the calibration and output levels anually...

My interest in flying has plummeted since 2008 or so. I never cared much to fly in the first place, and now I'd rather get a lower GI than fly. I've very uncomfortable with the unnecessary X-ray doses.

The terrorists (TSA) have won. I'll drive.

Edited by SAmadei

No TSA for me whenever possible. I just did a round trip to Chicago for work on Amtrak. Got a great night sleep each way. The steak is great and the french toast even better..... both are included with the room charge. Most of the trip was done in my sleep.

No TSA for me whenever possible. I just did a round trip to Chicago for work on Amtrak. Got a great night sleep each way. The steak is great and the french toast even better..... both are included with the room charge. Most of the trip was done in my sleep.

I was wondering where you disappeared to.

I'm hearing rumor that Buffalo's Central Terminal is going to be added as part of a high speed train line from NYC to Chicago. You hear anything about that?

I figure my next big trip will be out west... not sure how I'd manage doing that in a train. Maybe get the GF on board (no pun intended) with a hybrid train trip out there, and a road trip back in some newly-acquired rust-free California classic.

I'm hearing rumor that Buffalo's Central Terminal is going to be added as part of a high speed train line from NYC to Chicago. You hear anything about that?

I figure my next big trip will be out west... not sure how I'd manage doing that in a train. Maybe get the GF on board (no pun intended) with a hybrid train trip out there, and a road trip back in some newly-acquired rust-free California classic.

I have been living in Marriots for most of the past 3 weeks. I've been in Dallas, Houston, Chicago, back home and Chicago again.

If you go out west (or take any big Amtrak trip for that matter) talk to me first. I have all the tips and tricks on finding good deals on rooms. Right now the Empire Builder that runs from Chicago to Seattle is closed indefinitely due to flooding.

There is no proposed high speed line between Chicago and NYC that is even passed the "dream" stage at this point. Almost all of the new high speed work is going to be radiating out of Chicago for now because Chicago and Illinois have the vision of increased commerce and travel into the state. The first line to be completed will run from St. Louis to Chicago in 2:45. You can't beat that with an airline. The other one will be a mid-highspeed rail (not true HSR, but still 110mph) between Detroit/surrounding area and Chicago.

I have been living in Marriots for most of the past 3 weeks. I've been in Dallas, Houston, Chicago, back home and Chicago again.

If you go out west (or take any big Amtrak trip for that matter) talk to me first. I have all the tips and tricks on finding good deals on rooms. Right now the Empire Builder that runs from Chicago to Seattle is closed indefinitely due to flooding.

There is no proposed high speed line between Chicago and NYC that is even passed the "dream" stage at this point. Almost all of the new high speed work is going to be radiating out of Chicago for now because Chicago and Illinois have the vision of increased commerce and travel into the state. The first line to be completed will run from St. Louis to Chicago in 2:45. You can't beat that with an airline. The other one will be a mid-highspeed rail (not true HSR, but still 110mph) between Detroit/surrounding area and Chicago.

Yes that is where the 1.2B that Florida's moron rejected went to. I think it is fantastic. the I-80/94 corridor is a mell of a hess and so are the flights for the two big cities that are only 300 miles apart.

While TSA is busy groping seven year old kids and making incontinent seniors remove their diapers, they're letting stuff like this happen:

Report: Unauthorized man took Kennedy flight

Published: June 30, 2011 10:54 AM

By JOHN VALENTI. john.valenti.newsday.com

A Nigerian man flew from New York City to Los Angeles last week without a valid passport or identification and used an expired boarding pass to take the flight, a Los Angeles television station reported Thursday.

The incident took place last Friday, KABC-TV "Eyewitness News" reported.

The man, identified in an affidavit as Olajide Noibi, was later arrested by the FBI in Los Angeles after he tried to board a flight from LAX to Atlanta on Wednesday, according to the report. According to the FBI affidavit obtained by KABC, investigators found Noibi was carrying 10 expired boarding passes. KABC reported that the Transportation Security Administration does not believe Noibi has ties to any terrorist organizations.

Officials said Noibi had only a University of Michigan identification card -- and the affidavit said the boarding pass was not in his name, KABC-TV reported

The incident happened a little more than two months before the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The incident occurred aboard Virgin America flight 415 out of Kennedy Airport last Friday. According to KABC, investigators said Noibi was questioned in flight after the flight crew "realized an extra passenger was onboard" and found he was seated "in a seat that was supposed to be empty."

The boarding pass Noibi provided was a day old, KABC reported -- and it was in another person's name. The flight continued, according to the documents obtained by KABC.

Noibi was not detained at LAX and spent several days in Los Angeles, according to the affidavit, KABC reported. He was arrested Wednesday, when he attempted to board the flight to Atlanta -- also using an expired boarding pass and without valid ID, the station reported.

The FBI said Noibi claimed he was in Los Angeles to recruit employees for his software business, but found he did not know anyone in the city, KABC reported.

Noibi is charged with being a stowaway and faces 5 years in prison if convicted.

Calls by Newsday to FBI offices in Los Angeles and New York were not immediately returned Thursday.

The Federal Aviation Administration referred calls to the TSA, which were not immediately returned.

I think it's time we disband TSA and start profiling airline customers, a la Israel. I'm not exactly looking forward to having to be at an airport two and a half hours early just because I want to bring my bike with me on vacation this fall.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

This makes one wonder what will it take for the Politicians and the public to finally say enough is enough and not only disband the TSA, but then save the tax payers a ton of money by having a required list of security checks but hold each airport accountable to doing the security screening. I know this will cause increases in prices at some of the smaller airports but should not affect the larger airports. I personally am one to have the airlines handle this. You want to go on Alaska, fine, you go through an alaska security check point. Same with AA or United, these airlines should handle this and I think we would see more common sense.

Thoughts?