Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

CHEVROLET TRUCKS: Like a Rock!

CAUTION: What you are about to see was performed under controled conditions by seasoned professionals. Do not attempt this yourself as it may cause bodily injury or death.

OUCH!!!

Yes, that's me about 8 hours ago. :duh: I'll let you guys rip into me before I explain myself.

Edited by Sixty8panther

If the first one gives you trouble here's a Quicktime file.

http://media.putfile.com/1988-Chevrolet-Bl...-Off-Road-Crash

The steering wheel prevented me from going through the windshield, thank god the 33" mudder wheel laying in the back of the truck did not break my neck. I've got some bruises, a semi-sprained knee and I hurt like I got beat up with an aluminum bat, esp my back muscles.

I can not effin beleive I did not have my seatbelt on. I'm like the biggest seatbelt advocate, I'm always preaching about them. I NEVER drive my Camaro without the 4-point harness fastened.

The truck is far worse off than me, although amazingly enough I drove it home. I've done several demolition derbys, crashed all sorts of vehicles, slammed into a metal light pole in a tiny little Mazda and even been rear ended about eight times Racetrack/Street, 50/50 but never, ever was I less certain that I was going to come out alive. For about 0.75 seconds I thought I'd get ejected and crushed by my own POS truck. Thank God for the Tilt steering column having been set to high.

I made this chop just a few hours before the "accident".

Posted Image

Wow, that SUCKS Silvester.....

Probably wont be able to stop by your place tonight or tomorrow but wednesday what are you up to? and Saturday, the track opens....you gonna be going up there? (I'll be going, so if ya wanna tag along, lemme know!)

SpeedingPenguin!!!

Sup Bro? Nice to see you join C&G. Welcome. :D

Let's talk abotu Saturday... I'd love to go drag race the Q45, or even the Datsun if the new mass airflow is not installed in the Q by then.

The truck doesn't look that bad but the tie-rod looks toast. Gald to hear you are alright.

It's much worse than that 15 sec. video shows. Luckly I'm pretty much okay. Hurting all over but no broken bones or anything like that. Thank god I didn't loose a tooth or wahtever.

I'll post some pics . in a minute.

What you can;t see here is the bent & drilled frame rail, leaking fuel line and twisted suspension comp. :(

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

Thanks 76

I got a plan involving a 150 year old tree.... 30 feet of super-thick chain and Reverse Gear. :ph34r:

o it works like a charm.....i light pole straightened the back bumper on my last silverado after a drunk idiot clipped me one night. It was just a quick fix until he paid to have the back quarter fixed and the bumper replaced. Crazy thing was....that thing was a Brute II bumper that the guy who owned it before me had put on and it was supposed to be pretty much indestructable. So much for that theory.

haha, a friend of mine took his F250 Ranger 76? 4x4 off roading, just a quick venture of the regular road, got a whole mouth full of steering wheel... his front tooth was loose for a while...

wish those things had full seatbelts and not just lap belts...

Here's what yesterday looked like for me:

1:00pm Drive to Hardware Store & buy $52 worth of Chain & a huge anchor.

2:00pm Just as I chain up the frame to the tree in my front yard I get a phonecall... thinking it's the G/F I pick up and it's the kid who has been bugging me about the truck every day for the past 7/8 days. He says: "Hi Silvester it's (Matt) I borrowed $1000 from my aunt and I'd like to come down and put it down as a deposit on the Blazer."

I tell him the price has changed and arrange a time when he can look at the truck and we can go from there.

2:05 - 4:15pm About 30 snaps of the chain, 10 broken chain links and several pounds of the hammer later the truck is ALMOST right again. Of course by "straightened" I mean back to the shape it was in when I picked up this 369,000 mile workhorse, which is to say, not very. At one point the neighbor heard the racket and came over to say that he could lend me a chainsaw if the tree is in my way. I laughed knowing he was only half serious and showed him the video of the truck eating dirt and he said the end product was impressive. You could hardly tell how bad the truck was tweeked before.

6:00pm We went to take a look at a house for sale in Groton, MA. $209,000 for what was originally just a summer cottage. :rolleyes:

7:30pm Matt* (not his real name) shows up wiht his dad and they both test drive the truck. Amazingly they make no mention that the truck still turns right much better than left. Left hand turning radius is like 50 feet but right hand is like 12 feet. :ph34r:

After explaining everything the truck will need just to be roadworthy and inspectionable he still hands me over the $1000 and is thrilled to sign the paperwork and take the title. He would ahve given me $1300 if I had asked for it. I could have told him the truck had no brakes and he would have bought it... wha a nut.

8:30pm I follow him and his dad to his house in Lowell, to run interferance behind him so he will not get get pulled over since the $hitpile is not registered. "Worth the risk" he says.... I'm no longer 17 so I know better. The Ticket, police tow fee, Insurance Surcharge & Impoud fee makes it NOT worth the risk to me but whatever. We got it to his house safely and in one piece, although with intermitant tail lights and the hood flying open 3 times.

Now here's the day in photos.

This shot does not show the fact that the front axle is not only shifted back about a foot but also to the left about 6". Ouch.

Posted Image

Redneck Frame Puller

Posted Image

Here it sits at it's new home in Lowell.... good luck buddy, try not to kill your new owner. :blink:

Posted Image

Sad to see the thing go dude....that thing was the balls! LOL

Oh well.....just glad noone was in the passenger seat cause even WITH a seatbelt on, they'd probably have flown (With the seat) through the windshield :-P

Thanks a million, asshole. You moved the green machine's home right into the same city I live in and we both know the $h!bag underaged illegal Brazilian immigrant landscaper f@#k that bought it isn't gonna insure the thing or make any sort of effort to make it even remotely safe. I can't wait for the day I meet him at an intersection and he puts a tire up onto the hood of the egg. Here's to hoping he does the world a favor and rolls it on a highway off-ramp.

Thanks a million, asshole. You moved the green machine's home right into the same city I live in and we both know the $h!bag underaged illegal Brazilian immigrant landscaper f@#k that bought it isn't gonna insure the thing or make any sort of effort to make it even remotely safe. I can't wait for the day I meet him at an intersection and he puts a tire up onto the hood of the egg. Here's to hoping he does the world a favor and rolls it on a highway off-ramp.

LMFAO jesus christ dude, you're my hero. LOL

its so funny cause its true

Hey now XP.... we all know he'll drive right over some Cambodian kid in a day-glow colored Honda with 20" rims. It's been preordained. The Cambidian kid in the Honda Integra wiht the JDm sticlers will also have NO insurance.

NOw THAT'S truth in advertising. :P

Got a very interesting phone call a few minutes ago.

"Hi it's (kid who bought the Blazer) can I ask you

for a favor?"

'Sure Bro, Ask away...'

"Do you, or anyone you know have a winch that

I could use to tow my truck out of mud?"

'Ummmm.... not really. My buddy Kevin just traded

his 4x4 F150 on a 2wd RAM.'

"Well, the truck is stuck in a mud pit next to the

Tewksbury Dump. We've already broken two

winches trying to get it out. Two Silverados could

not help either... they pulled but the truck did not

budge an inch..."

I've made some phone calls and given this kid a

number to a good towing fascility but for the most

part he's F%$#@ed unless he gets it out ASAP. I

hope to post a few good photos of this

shenanigance. :D

Ah yes, the Tewksbury dump. A magical land that is clearly posted with no trespassing signs because it's an EPA superfund site. So you mean to tell me an illegal underaged immigrant took an unregistered uninspected uninsured unsafe vehicle onto posted government property that has been determined to be too toxic for people to inhabit? Congratulations, you can now say beyond a shadow of a doubt that you know the stupidest person on the face of planet Earth. He's from Brazil. With any luck someone called the police and he's halfway back to being on a boat to go work at the sweatshop he belongs at. Let's also hope the truck stays exactly where it lies.

clearly posted with no trespassing signs

While I think you're being harsh, the truck was registered form what I was told, and he's not an illegal imigrant I will give you this much...

There's about a dozen or maybe 15 big signs saying NO TRESPASSING! all over the effin place. This was a bad BAD idea before the truck got stuck. :huh:

Well... a picture's worth a 1000 words:

Posted Image

Well, two days ago Boy Wonder managed to get a wrecker over to the

Tewksbury Dump and they yanked the Blazer out of the swamp. Honestly

I think the $400 he spent was well earned by the tow truck driver.

The curse of "Tetanus Shot" is not over for myself however. I got poison

ivy all over my right arm form the tree that I used to straighten the

frame. I've been scratching it and making myself bleed for three days

now. :angry:

Edited by Sixty8panther

Yup... cops were there but they told him to make it quickk and they'd

look the otrher way. I guess they felt the $400 tow bill and a effed up

rear quarter panel was punishment enough. The cable tore up the

trucks' rear quarter as it pulled it out. :(

Edited by Sixty8panther

Imune? How? Can I build up a tolerance by eating it or something? :P

i dont know its been in my family if i eat it i im not imune but i can walk through a patch rub some on my arm and be fine i dont know. i ve had family memberes call me up after a day of mushroom hunting and they would sound like there dieing and be like arent you sore and itching? Im like "wha... no". It just that im sweet like that.

Now this is entertainment!

I aim to please. :P I'll also be posting more Camaro videos soon.