G6 a success...

whether by design or hapanstance, GM is confusing the market with their release and cancellation of vehicles for Pontiac. 

Bonneville - GXP offered with NS.  then cancelled?

GTO - brilliant performance car with vanilla styling, ruined in the market by the name. (too much baggage)

Pontiac continues to talk about going after BMW. First vehicle off the line after that comment is the Montana SV6??

G6 comes to market with new name, No 4cyl, no coupe, convert delayed.

Solstice - brilliant.  but where is the trunk space?

Torrent - rebadge after saying no more rebadges

G5 - rebadge after no more rebadges

I agree 100%... Pontiac NEEDS direction desperately and until it gets that, broad success will never be attained.

as each day goes by, I think Pontiacs days are numbered. I don't think there is much, if anything in the pipe right now.

rather than a beheading, a la Olds, i think it's going to be via starvation over the next several years.

they may get a lat minute reprieve, but that won't be decided for quite some time.

I'm starting to see more G6's around Pittsburgh, but still nothing like the Grand Am was.  Ever since I was in High School, GAs were the car most young people I knew had or wanted.  The G6 seems to mostly have older/middle aged  drivers.  Maybe because it is bland and semi-dopey looking, and has none of the sportiness or agressiveness of the Grand Am.  Also, the coupes are very rare sights, unlike the Grand Am which seemed to be running closer to 40 coupes/60 sedans from personal observation.  The name may be partially to blame since the GA had alot of positive recognition in these parts, but the Cobalt hasn't suffered by not bieng called Cavalier anymore.

Exactly... See? And people wonder why... :rolleyes::P

It comes down to this, when Hyundai sells 3000+  more Sonatas in Feb., than GM sells G6s, that should tell the company something.

One would only hope...

whether by design or hapanstance, GM is confusing the market with their release and cancellation of vehicles for Pontiac. 

Bonneville - GXP offered with NS.  then cancelled?

GTO - brilliant performance car with vanilla styling, ruined in the market by the name. (too much baggage)

Pontiac continues to talk about going after BMW. First vehicle off the line after that comment is the Montana SV6??

G6 comes to market with new name, No 4cyl, no coupe, convert delayed.

Solstice - brilliant.  but where is the trunk space?

Torrent - rebadge after saying no more rebadges

G5 - rebadge after no more rebadges

We all know GM is retarded in this regard... Confuses me more than before.

Anyways, is it not sad when a Pontiac fanatic like myself can see reality better than GM fans? I mean, is reality that hard of a thing to see and understand? The G6 isn't competitive nor is it a success. Facts. Reality. Come on, people... what do you a expect? A bland car with an unknown name coming into a highly competitive segment after being half-assed, as always, by GM. If I, a Pontiac fanatic, can realize that, why can't everybody?