Sign in to follow this  
04monteintimidator

Cadillac ETC V

well... once again i have succumbed to boredom... i was sittin in math an just started doodling and i came up with a general design for this... i had the XLR in mind while doodling so it does have some resemblance... hope you guys like it

Posted Image

EDIT:

Posted Image

vertical headlights... got rid of the camaro-esque kick in the back... changed alot of the front fascia

Update 2:

Posted Image

thickened the c pillar... flattened out the bottom of the side

Edited by 04monteintimidator

Nice drawing, but badge aside, that could be from any other GM brand.

Where are the Cadillac design elements?

Actually, Croc, that's a really cool idea... Base a new ETC on the Camaro.

Not really feeling this concept though, sorry.

I never said anything about Zeta, but that is a Camaro badge-job. Show me something Zeta-based, but with actual Cadillac design cues.

i tried to make it sharp like the CTS and XLR... but i can see what you guys are saying... ill work on it a bit more... it was pretty much a doodle that i expanded on a little bit anyway haha

It's a nice drawing, but there's way too much third gen Camaro in there, especially in the rear. I'm fine with the headlights the way they are...not all Cadillacs have to have vertical headlights, IMO. I'd say definitely work on the rear of the greenhouse and maybe give it a little more eye-catching grille.

update in first post

You need to fix the rear window too. I know it's not the best for visibility, but it is somewhat of a Cadillac design trait.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

See those C-pillars? Those are Cadillac C-pillars.

This is an Eldorado chop that I pretty much agree with even though it's on a different plateform then what you're starting with.

Posted Image

Somehow I see a bit of previous-gen Solara in the front :blink:

I don't know, ask Satty.

Yeah, a bit in the grille. Damn I wish mine had a mesh grille, that would look worlds better than the poorly chromed, one horizontal bar one I have.

Anywhooo.....I like the second one from the a-pillar forward, the rest looks a bit too 3rd gen Camaro for my tastes, definately not where Cadillac wants to go. Thicker c-pillar for sure, no more wrap around back window, it makes it look like an 80's hatchback.

haha i was literally in the process of changing that when i saw yur post... ill get the new one with the fixed c pillar up in a second

update in first post... ya know it amazes me sometimes how ill post something here... and with input from all you guys it changes into something infinitely better... yet still keeps what i was going for

This is an Eldorado chop that I pretty much agree with even though it's on a different plateform then what you're starting with.

Posted Image

Eh...I don't like that one. Too short. Reminds me sort of a Civic Hatchback that's had its rear windows paneled a bit.

Here's a note: when chopping a sedan into a coupe, you usually do NOT need to shorten the wheelbase. Real car companies don't do it.

Edited by Turbojett

Anyone see a little bit of the C4 vette in the lines down the side. It especiallly did to me before you changed the c-pillar....but its basically the xlr with a fixed roof, nice though.

hmm... i was thinking about putting a cowl hood on it... maybe i will eventually...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook